1.The function of heavy water in a nuclear reactor is to
A. Slow down the speed of neutrons
B. Increase the speed of neutrons
C. Cool down the reactor
D. Stop the nuclear reaction
2.Defect of colour blindness can be remedied by the use of
A. Concave lens
B. Convex lens
C. Cylindrical lens
D. None of the above
3. Deficiency of iron leads to
4. Given below are the names of four energy crops. Which one of them can be cultivated for ethanol?
5. Radioactivity is measured by
A. Geiger-Muller counter
6. What does airbag, used for safety of car driver, contain?
A. Sodium bicarbonate
B. Sodium azide
C. Sodium nitrite
D. Sodium peroxide
7. The time taken by the Sun to revolve around the center of our galaxy is
A. 50 mn years
B. 100 mn years
C. 250 mn years
D. 365 mn years
8. Which of the following is a water -borne diseases?
A. Viral hepatitis B
9. Which of the following crops is of Kharif season?
10. When an ant bites a person, which irritating chemical it (ant) injects into his (person) body?
A. Acetic acid
B. Citric acid
C. Tartaric acid
D. Formic acid