Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan (GKRA)
As India is struggling with the Pandemic and economic crisis, unemployment has become a major concern in the country. With the economy of the country at an all-time low, companies are laying off the employees and migrants coming to their villages are finding it difficult to get a job. To tackle the ongoing issue, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a massive rural public works scheme named as “Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan”(GKRA) worth Rs 50,000 crore. The scheme will provide livelihood opportunities and benefit the rural citizens including the returning migrants. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, unveiling the job scheme from Khagaria district in Bihar via video-conferencing stated that the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan is inspired by the migrants and termed the day as historic.
Nirmala Sitharaman also addressed the nation stating that the workers who returned home during lockdown will be given jobs for at least 125 days under the scheme in 116 districts from 6 states. It will boost the work opportunities for people especially poor who are struggling to meet their ends meet. Let’s take a look at the key points regarding the scheme that we know till now.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Key Points Under “Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan”
- The scheme will be implemented across 116 districts in the country with a broadly estimated expenditure of Rs 50,000 crore.
- The districts will be covered from 6 states namely across Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- Each of these districts has at least 25,000 workers who returned home.
- 25 schemes will be launched under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
- Everyone who returned home in lockdown will be given work under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan.
- The skill sets of migrant workers have been mapped based on which the job opportunities will be provided for at least 125 days.
- 25 public works will include Anganwadi centres, rural roads, rural housing, railway works, solar work, laying of fibre etc
During the launch of the scheme, Prime Minister spoke to numerous people of different parts of the country who returned to their villages and asked them about the difficulties they faced during the lockdown.