General awareness is an important section that can help you get the maximum time You need not perform complex calculation to settle for the correct option so, it is the best to be ready with the facts and figures in advance. For Railway Group-D Exam 2018, important awards, current affairs, history, geography, general science, economy and static GK is the main part. To let you have an information about all important sections of GA, this post is to provide you with one of the important topics related to Main Passes of Himalayas. Grab the below given important points related to this particular topic.
Main Passes of Himalayas
- Situated to the north of K2 in the Karakoram.
- Joins Ladakh with the Xinjiang(Sinkiang) Province of China.
- Situated in the Pir-Panjal Range
- Joins Jammu with Srinagar.
- The Jawahar Tunnel was inaugurated in December 1956.
- Situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Joins Manali and Leh.
- Situated to the east of Bhutan in the Greater Himalayas in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Joins Arunachal Pradesh with Lhasa (The Capital of Tibet).
- Situated close to the Line of Control demarcating India and Pakistan.
- It connects the Kashmir Valley with the Deosai Plains of Ladakh.
- It is a high mountain pass in the Greater Himalayas.
- It’s one of the highest mountain roads of the country.
- The Changla Pass is the main gateway for the Changthang Plateau situated in the Himalayas.
- Situated in Greater Himalayas between the Kullu and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- Connects Spiti Valley and Parvati Valley.
- Situated in the state pf Arunachal Pradesh.
- It connects Arunachal Pradesh with Mandalay(Myanmar).
- Situated in the eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is a traditional pass between India and Myanmar which provides an easy and shortest access to Mandalaya.
- Located on the southern edge of Leh District.
- This pass is a gateway to Tibet (China) from Leh.
You may also like to read: