General Awareness is an equally important section in SSC CGL, CHSL, MTS, RRB NTPC, RRB JE exams and has an even more abundant importance in some other exams conducted by SSC. There are questions asked related to Polity. So you should know important facts related to Indian Polity so that you can score well in General Awareness section.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
(Country celebrates 73 years of freedom from the British rule)
Independence Day is annually celebrated on 15th August, commemorating the nation’s independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 transferring legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly.
This 15th August Indian celebrating its 73rd Independence Day.
On the eve of Independence Day, the President of India delivers the “Address to the Nation”.
On 15 August, the prime minister hoists the Indian flag on the ramparts of the historical site Red Fort in Delhi.
In his speech, the prime minister highlights the past year’s achievements, raises important issues and calls for further development. He pays tribute to the leaders of the Indian independence movement.
Independence Day before Independence:
At the 1929 Lahore session of the Indian National Congress, the Purna Swaraj declaration, or “Declaration of the Independence of India” was promulgated.
Jawaharlal Nehru hoisted the tricolour flag of India upon the banks of the Ravi in Lahore, which later became part of Pakistan.
The Declaration of Independence was officially promulgated on 26 January 1930.
The Congress observed 26 January as the Independence Day between 1930 and 1946.(26 January is now celebrated as Republic Day of India every year.)
On the Internet, Google has commemorated Independence Day of India since 2003 with a special doodle on its Indian homepage.