FSSAI Internship Program 2021: Food Safety & Standards Authority of India has released the official notification for the internship program which is starting the month of January 2022 under Internship Scheme 2021-22 at FSSAI. Students pursuing a full-time Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree/Higher Degree from a recognized Institute within India can apply online for this program. The last date to apply online is 13th December 2021. The candidates must go through the detailed article for the information related to the FSSAI Internship Program 2021.
FSSAI Internship Program 2021: Important Dates
All the important dates have been provided below. The candidates must go through the below dates before application.
|Starting Date||3rd December 2021|
|Last Date||13th December 2021|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||23rd December 2021|
|Date of Joining||3rd January 2022|
FSSAI Internship Program Eligibility Criteria
Students pursuing a full-time Graduate/Post Graduate Degree/higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
- Pursuing Post Graduate Degree/B.Tech/BE from a recognized University or Institution in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Business Administration & Management including policy regulation and related fields. C. PG Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, and Public Relations.
- B.E. /B. Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology Software Engineering or related Stream.
- Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Public Policy Public Administration.
- Bachelor/Master of Law.
- Students in 3rd / 4thyear of Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related fields can also apply.
FSSAI Important Points for the Internship Program
The internship will be available throughout the year at different points of time, Internship will be offered for a duration of up to 03 months, which may be extended to a maximum period of 06 months. No internship of duration less than a month will be offered.
2. Place of Internship
- FSSAI (HQ), FDA Bhawan, Katia Road New Delhi- 110002
- FSSAI (Northern Region), C/o National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-II, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- FSSAI (Western Region), Hall Mark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Opp. Gurunanak Hospital Road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051.
- FSSAI (Southern Region), Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Chennai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai.
- FSSAI (Eastern Region), Benfish Tower, 6th floor,3 1 G N Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-11, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- National Food Laboratory, 3, Kyd Street, Kolkata-700016.
3. Working Space
- Interns would be required to have their own laptops.
- FSSAI shall provide working space, internet facility, and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities.
- FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding.
4. Areas/Domains Available for Internship
Any of the areas mentioned in the application will be deemed indicative of the preference and not a confirmation of protection allocation in the specific department.
Finance & Accounts
Social & Behavioural Change
|Regional Offices (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata)||Food Imports Clearance and Licensing|
|National Food Laboratory, Ghaziabad and Kolkata||Food sampling and testing.|
Interns would be attached to one of the several Divisions at FSSAI (HQ)/ ROs/Labs depending on the academic and technical training and assigned project(s) related to different aspects of Food and Nutrition Management Processes.
A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) for the internship period will be given to the deserving Interns on the recommendation of the Office/Division that they are attached with. The criteria for deserving interns will be decided based on their (a) attendance, (b) assessment by their respective reporting officers; and (c) evaluation of the report by the Committee.
All the interns will be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the internship i.e. on submission and review of final report/presentation.
How to apply online for the FSSAI Internship Program 2021?
- Interested and eligible students can apply online from the process provided below.
- The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write-up/presentation for final selection.
- The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on the FSSAI website.
- At the time of joining, Intern would be required to carry a letter from their institute indicating his/her status in the Institution as a student and ” No Objection” for allowing him/her to undergo Internship Program for the period for which he/she is selected, if applicable.
- A character certificate from the authority of the Institute, along with proof of educational qualifications as mentioned in the application form would also need to be submitted at the time of joining for internship.
You may also like to read this: