- Bathukamma: A folk dance of Andhra Pradesh.
- Bihu: Bihu is a folk dance from Assam. It is a very brisk and aggressive dance performed by both boys and girls.
- Changu: The changu dance is a folk dance found in Odissa and Andhra Pradesh. It derives its name from the changu, which is a simple tambourine (daf) that is used to accompany this dance.
- Dandaria: A folk dance of Andhra Pradesh.
- Dhamal: 1) A folk dance of Punjab. 2) A folk dance of Andhra Pradesh
- Gair: This is a dance of Rajasthan. It is performed by groups of dancers moving in and out with an almost military precision.
- Garba: This is a folk dance from Gujarat. It is traditionally danced at marriages and during the time of Navaratri.• Gatka: A folk dance utilising swords, daggers, or sticks performed in the Punjab
- Ghoomar: This is a folk dance of Rajasthan. It derives its name from its characteristic pirouettes.
- Gobbi: A folk dance of Andhra Pradesh.
- Karagam: This is a folk dance of Tamil Nadu. It is played with a pot balanced on the head.
- Raas: This is a folk dance from Gujarat. It is traditionally danced at marriages and during the time of Navaratri.
- Yaksha Gana: This is a folk theatre from the south Indian state of Karnataka
- Dumhal: A folk dance of Kashmir.
- Padayani: Padayani is one of the most colourful and popular dances of Southern Kerala. Padayani is associated with the festival of certain temples, called Padayani or Padden.
- DolluKunitha: DolluKunitha is a popular drum dance of Karnataka state.
- Lavani:Lavani is a folk dance of Maharashtra.
- Kathak:Kathak is a dance form basically from Uttar Pradesh.
- Bharatnatyam: It is the purest form of dancing in India, originated in Tamil Nadu. These three concepts come into play in Bharatanatyam dance; bhava, thala and raga.
- Kuchipudi: It is a form of classical and folk dance that originated in Andhra Pradesh.
- Kathakali: Classical dance of kerela.
- Odissi: Folk dance performed in Orissa.
- Chau: A popular dance performed in Orissa, bihar and west Bengal
- Kalbelia, chari, fire, kacchi: Popular dance forms in Rajasthan.
- Dindi dance: performed in Maharashtra.
- Bhangra: This is a folk dance from the Northwest Indian state of Punjab. It is a lively, powerful dance.
Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.