FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar: The countdown for the grandest football tournament in the world has elapsed. On November 20, at 7:30 p.m., the FIFA World Cup 2022 got underway with a ceremonial inauguration at the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, Qatar. The first game of the FIFA World Cup 2022 will take place following the opening ceremony, pitting host nation Qatar versus Ecuador.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar: Opening Ceremony
- With a monologue from American actor Morgan Freeman, who served as the opening ceremony’s narrator, the opening ceremony got off to a gloomy start.
- At the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, performances by musicians from many nations kicked off the dancing events.
- Hollywood actor Morgan Freeman’s monologue and BTS member Jung Kook’s breathtaking performance were among the opening event’s main draws.
- Then, models wearing team jerseys arrived with the flags of the participating team. The spectators were forced to look straight ahead due to the rapidly shifting scenery and the quick changes in the tunes from various adds. The show then proceeded as the previous FIFA World Cup’s mascot came.
- A large crowd cheered as BTS member Jung Kook made his appearance and performed well with Qatari singer Fahad Al-Kubaisi. They both sang Dreamers, which serves as the FIFA World Cup 2022’s anthem.
- With a heavy barrage of fireworks coming from the stadium, the dance acts advanced toward their conclusion. The scene was absolutely amazing, with spectators applauding and showing their enthusiasm for the game.
- The FIFA World Cup 2022 trophy was also spotted with former French player Marcel Desailly prior to the tournament’s opening game.
- Finally, an Arabic official signed a document with FIFA President Gianni Infantino and welcomed everyone with a speech in Arabic.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar: Ecuador Vs Qatar match Highlights
- In the opening match of the FIFA World Cup, Ecuador defeated Qatar 2-0 thanks to two goals by Enner Valencia.
- The South Americans utterly outperformed Qatar in the first half, and that was the story of the match.
- The first goal came from a penalty, while the second one was a spectacular header.
- Thus, Qatar became the first World Cup host nation to drop its opening match.
- Ecuador has scored the tournament’s second goal in the first game between Qatar and Ecuador, which is presently in progress.
Qatari players (5-3-2): Saad Alsheeb, Pedro Miguel, Boualem Khoukhi, Bassam Hisham, Abdelkarim Hassan, Homam Ahmed, Abdulaziz Hatem, Hassan Alhaydos, Karim Boudiaf, Akram Afif, and Almoez Ali are the players. Ali Assaballa, Mohammed Muntari, Yousof Hassan, Meshaal Barsham, Tarek Salman, Ahmed Alaaeldin, Musaab Khidir, Ismail Mohamad, Khalid Muneer, Salem Al Hajri, Assim Madibo, Naif Abdulraheem, Jassem Gaber, and Mostafa Tarek Meshaal are the replacements.
Ecuador (4-4-2): Plata, Mendez, Caicedo, Ibarra; Galindez, Preciado, Torres, Hincapie, Estupinan; Valencia, Estrada. Arboleda, Cifuentes, Pacho, Gruezo, E Preciado, Ramirez, Arreaga, Mena, Sarmiento, Palacios, Franco, Dominguez, Reasco, Porozo, Rodriguez are the available replacements.