FCI Phase II Exam Analysis
Food Corporation of India conducted the FCI Phase II exam for a total of 4103 Vacancies for various posts of Junior Engineer (JE) (Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering), Assistant Grade-II (AG-II) (Hindi), Steno Grade-ii, Typist (Hindi) and Assistant Grade-III (AG III) (General / Accounts / Technical / Depot). The FCI Phase II Paper I is over and now candidates must be waiting for the FCI Phase II exam Analysis. This post will provide you all the information regarding the FCI Phase II Paper I exam held today. You will get an idea of the questions asked and what should be the good attempts to surpass the cut off marks.
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: Good Attempts
The Paper I of FCI Phase II exam is common to many posts and we will be providing the analysis for the same. The Paper I includes five sections namely the Reasoning/General Intelligence, English language, Computer proficiency, General Awareness/Current events & Data analysis/Numerical Ability/Data Interpretation. The paper I was said to be moderate level and the section-wise distribution of the number of good attempts is shown in the below table.
|Name of the Test||No. of Qs||Good Attempts||Duration|
|1||Reasoning/General Intelligence||30||22-26||90 Minutes|
|4||General Awareness/Current events||30||20-22|
|5||Data analysis/Numerical Ability/Data Interpretation||20||11-13|
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: Reasoning/General Intelligence
The General Intelligence/ reasoning section asked in the FCI Phase II paper I consist of the topics mentioned below. It is said to be of Moderate Level. A total of 30 questions were asked from this section that included questions from Puzzle, Coding-decoding, direction, alphabet, inequality etc. Puzzle and seating arrangement dominated and covered maximum questions. Some questions were lengthy.
- 4 puzzles
- seating arrangement- circle- (Name, 8 people, one variable (Cartoon)
- linear- north face seating (city)
- Floor based- 4 floor, 2 FLAT (N & M) M is in west, N is in east, and city was given
- Mix Puzzle- 7 person (City’s name) (their age)
- Order ranking -6 people (according to Height)
- One question from word- “WRESTING”- Arrange letter in alphabetical order, then change vowels with their preceding letter & change consonant with succeeding letter. Then find out how many letters repeat?
|Topics||No. of Questions||Level|
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement||18||Moderate|
|Blood relation||3||Easy- moderate|
|order and ranking||3||Easy- moderate|
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: English language
English Language section consists of a total of 20 questions from different topics as mentioned in the table below. The level of English language section was of easy to moderate.
- Idiom- So far so good
- Idiom- Man of all seasons
- Synonym- Discuss (Asked in Reading Comprehemsion)
- Sentence rearrangement- based on paragraph
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: Data analysis/Numerical Ability/Data Interpretation
The Data Analysis/Numerical Ability Section is considered to be a tough one according to many aspirants. The FCI Phase II exam consisted of 20 questions from this section. The questions were of a moderate level. Check the below table for the topic-wise distribution of questions and good attempts.
- DI- 2 pie chart in one DI (No. Of employees- 3500) (No. of male- 2400) – 5 questions
- DI – No. of visitors at a place, Ratio- no. of members/ no. of non-members, No. of female members visited that club (5 questions)
- In Data Sufficiency one question was asked from Probability.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
|Data Interpretation(one tabular n 1 pie chart)||10||Moderate-difficult|
|Arithmetic Word Problems
(Profit and Loss,
Problem on Ages,
SI & CI etc)
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: Computer proficiency
Computer Proficiency sections consist of topics such as History and Generation of Computers, Introduction to Computer Organisation, Computer Memory, Computer Hardware and I/O Devices, Computer Software, Computer Languages, Operating System, Computer Network, Internet, etc. A total of 20 questions were asked from this section and the level was said to easy. The good attempts of this section as per the review by students is 12-15
- Low-level language
- shortcut keys
- ctrl+M in Excel?
- One question related to LAN
- Which of these is not a search engine
- Which of these is not an output device? Joystick
- One question from Binary digit.
- How many layers in OSI Model?
FCI Phase II Exam Analysis: General Awareness/Current events
General Awareness section in the FCI Phase II Paper I exam consisted of 30 questions from current affairs and static gk. Current affairs were mainly asked from the last 6-7 months. As per the review, this section was of easy to moderate level. The questions asked in the general awareness section are mentioned below:
- Ajit Doval reappointed as?
- Padma Bhushan- MS Dhoni
- Book by Pranab Mukherjee
- women hockey team captain name
- India will surpass China to be the most populous city by which year?
- Who is the author of “My Life, My Mission”