FCI (Food Corporation of India), one of the prestigious organisations of India, had released 4103 Vacancies for the recruitment of various posts such as JE, Assistant Grade-II (AG-II) (Hindi), Steno Grade-ii, Typist (Hindi) and Assistant Grade-III (AG III) (General / Accounts / Technical / Depot). The FCI exam phase 1, common to all posts, will be conducted in 4 days i.e from 31st May to 3rd June. Almost 15 days are left for Phase 1 and many candidates must be curious to know about the things to do for the last minute preparation. Below are some tips to be adapted and kept in mind before appearing for the FCI exam:
- Detailed Knowledge about the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Candidates must know the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. You must go through the topics to be asked. As the marks of Phase 1 exam will not be reckoned for final merit, make sure you study enough to qualify the cutoff. Below is the exam pattern for FCI exam:
FCI Exam Pattern: PHASE I
The test structure for Phase I Online exam is as follow:-
|S. No.||Name of the Test||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration
|1||English Language||30||30||20 min||English|
|2||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min||Bilingual|
|3||Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 min||Bilingual|
- The test will be Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Each question will carry 01 (one) mark.
- There will be negative marking of one-fourth (1/4) of the mark assigned to that question.
- The marks obtained in Phase-I will not be reckoned in final merit ranking.
2. Revise all Subjects thoroughly: The phase 1 exam will consist of 3 subjects namely English Language, Numerical Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The exam pattern is similar to other banking exams and hence you can expect a similar level of questions. Make sure you are well aware and revise the topics of each subject accordingly. It is good to be prepared beforehand than to regret later.
3. Mock tests are the Ultimate Solution: Is your preparation not up to the mark and you are worried about the exam? You can still work hard and clear the Phase 1 exam. Attempt as many mocks as you can. It will help you in revision and you will become well equipped with the real exam pattern. Adda247 is providing mock tests useful for the Phase 1 exam.
4. Take Short Breaks and Power Naps: While preparing for an exam, it is really important to stay focused on what you are studying. No one can sit continuously for hours to study. To make sure you remain concentrated, take short breaks in between like eating some snacks or tea breaks. Power naps of half an hour or 45 minutes between studies are also a good way to stay concentrated.
5. Stay Calm and Motivated: Many candidates start feeling nervous as the exam date comes close. You need to stay motivated and keep reminding yourself that you can pass the exam. Do not underestimate your capabilities. Drink enough water, eat well and sleep well.
Important Links For FCI Exam: