Directions (Q.1-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1.You are not justified __________ laying the blame at my door.
(of something) = to withdraw from an agreement, promise, etc.
3. She __________ a brief appearance at the end of the party.
4. The battalion operating from the mountain was able to __________ three enemy divisions.
5. I haven’t seen you __________ a week.
Directions (Q.6-10): In this section a number of sentences are given. The sentences are given in different parts. Read each sentence to find out whether there is an error in any part. No sentence has more than one error. When you find an error in any of the parts indicate your response.
6. Mohan is an intelligent man a)/and is quite capable of doing b)/an excellent job of computer programming. c)/No error d)
7. My son sleeps during the day a)/but works without respite b)/during night. c)/No error d)
8. No sooner did the children a)/find their mother asleep they quietly got up b)/and escaped from the room. c)/No error d)
9. In want of water a)/the whole population b)/migrated from the village. c)/No error d)
10. For her sake, a)/as well as for her poor father b)/I hope and pray she gets the job. c)/No error d)