Directions (Q.1-5): In the following questions, some parts of the sentences have error and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error corresponding to the appropriate letter (a, b, c). If a sentence is free from error, then your answer is (d).
1. Shakespeare has written (a)/ many plays (b)/ as well as some poetries. (c)/ No error (d)
2. Neither of the girls (a)/ were willing to (b)/ accept the proposal. (c)/ No error (d)
3. A interesting book (a)/ ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ (b)/ was written by Alexander Dumas. (c)/ No error (d)
4. In India (a)/ there are (b)/ many poors. (c)/ No error (d)
5. I worked (a)/as medical representative (b)/ for eight months. (c)/ No error (d)
Directions (Q. 6-10): In the following questions, sentences given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four.
6. A group of agitator………… the mob to break down the Vice-Chancellor’s door.
7. Turn the lights ………… before you go to bed.
8. There is no ………… evidence to support your assertion.
9. Throw a stone………… the fierce dog.
10. Is not learning superior ………… wealth?