Directions(Q.1-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. I congratulate you __________ your wonderful achievement.
2. It is earth’s gravity which __________ people their weight.
3. Total weight of all the ants in the world is much greater than __________.
(a) To all human beings
(b) That of all human beings
(c) Is of all human beings
(d) That of the all the human beings
4. It is good form to use the name of the person __________.
(a) Who are greeting
(b) You are greeting
(c) Which you are greeting
(d) Greeting for you
5. __________ that increasing numbers of compact-disc players will be bought by consumers in the years to come.
(a) They are anticipated
(b) In anticipation
(d) It is anticipated
6. __________ business, a merger is a combination of two or more corporations under one management.
7. A __________ firms are having trouble with industrial relations.
(a) Considerable amount of
(b) Great deal of
(c) Large part of
(d) Great many
8. He was frightened __________.
(a) To be killed
(b) To being killed
(c) For being killed
(d) Of being killed
9. Capitalist society __________ profit as a valued goal.
(a) Which regards
(d) Was regarded
10. __________ the rainfall was adequate this year, the mango trees still did not produce a high yield.
(c) Due to