What is the employment exchange? Basically, an Employment Exchange is an organisation that is capable of providing employment assistance to unemployed youth on the basis of qualification and experience. Employment Exchange is particularly under the Departments of Employment in the various States of India. The educated youth residing in the respective States of India can register and apply online for various job vacancies at open positions.
Employment Exchanges is renamed as “Employment Guidance and Promotion Centres“ as the focus has been shifted on vocational guidance and career counselling. Employers post their vacancies with employment exchanges of states and can register themselves on the websites. All the establishments in the private sector are being brought under the purview of the Act-The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959 for the purpose of submission of returns.
Employment Exchange: State Wise List
The state wise list of websites where candidates can visit and apply for the open positions has been given below. Job seekers can visit the website to a specific state and can apply online for open positions. It is a great opportunity for people looking to start their career with the help of the government.
Online Registration Process
The registration process to apply for state employment exchanges is simple. You need to follow the steps and register online.
- Please visit the State Employment Exchange website given above for online registration.
- If you are not a registered user, you are required to register and create your account on the portal.
- Log in to the State Employment exchange website with your credentials provided after registration.
- Follow the instructions given on the respective state portal and enter your district name.
- Fill the profile form mentioning your details. On submission of the form, an acknowledgement including the Registration Number, Registration Date and Name of the Employment Exchange is created.
- Produce all the relevant certificates in support of your education, experience, ex-serviceman, widow, caste, sports, handicapped (issued by Medical Board/CMO), freedom fighter and proof of residence etc. to the Employment Exchange within 15 days from the date registration.
- Apart from the documents you need to submit one of the following documents as residence proof :
- Ration Card.
- Voter ID Card.
- Letter from the gazetted officer or school head.
- Certificate issued by an MLA/MP.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Certificate from Municipal Councilor/Sarpanch.
- Proof of job in the State of either of the parents.
- Certificate of Education in the State.
- Finally, Employment Exchange will issue you a registration card-carrying your Registration No with the date of renewal of that registration.