DRDO Recruitment 2019: DRDO, India’s premier Defence R&D organization employs bright, qualified and competent scientists in Group ‘A’ (Gazetted) technical service known as Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and offers exciting and challenging career opportunities in a broad spectrum of technologies at its laboratories/establishments (more than 50) located across the country. RAC is inviting online applications from graduate engineers and post graduates in Science including students who have appeared in their final year examination for recruitment to various posts as shown below. Recruitment and Assessment Center has notified for the recruitment to the posts of Scientist `B’ in Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Scientist `B’ in Department of Science & Technology (DST), Scientist/Engineer `B’ in Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) Bengaluru and Executive Engineer in Gallium Arsenide Enabling Technology Centre (GAETEC) , Hyderabad.
Direct Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
|Start of filling Application||EXPECTED 10th August 2019|
|Last date for filling Application||21 days from the date of start|
Eligibility for DRDO Recruitment to Posts
1. Academic Requirements
|For Subjects/Disciplines In Part-I of Table 1||For Subjects/Disciplines in Part-II of Table 1|
|Category I: Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE-2017/2018/2019 Qualfication||Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE-2017/2018/2019 Qualification|
|Category II: Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) from IITs/NITs with minimum aggregate 80% marks (Cateory II eligibility criteria is not applicable for GAETEC posts)|
|Organization||EQ Degree (as per Table 1)||First Class in EQ Degree||Valid GATE Qualification (as per Table 1)|
|DRDO & ADA||Yes||Yes||Category II (IITs/NITs) applicants in Part-1 discipline exempted|
|DST||Yes||No||Category II (IITs/NITs) applicants in Part-1 discipline exempted|
2. Age Limit
|Category||Age not exceeding|
|Un Reserved (UR) / EWS||28 years||35 years||30 years||28 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||31 years||38 years||33 years||31 years|
|SC/ST||33 years||40 years||35 years||33 years|
Relaxation in upper age limit (As per Govt rules) :
(a) Upto 10 years for PwD (HH) and PwD(OH) candidates in the * marked disciplines.
(b) The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the advertised posts.
(c) The upper age limit is relaxable for Ex‐servicemen including Ex SSCOs/ECOs as per rules in vogue.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
General (UR), EWS and OBC male candidates are required to pay a non‐refundable non‐transferable application fee of Rs.100/‐ (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
1. For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐I :
(a) Category I: Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Descriptive Examination on the basis of valid GATE score in the ratio of 1:25, subject to their GATE score not being below 25% of the GATE score of the first shortlisted candidate.
Category II: All eligible IIT and NIT graduate engineers with minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree will be called for a Descriptive Examination.
(b) Candidates who appear for the Descriptive Examination will be further shortlisted for Personal interview in the ratio of 1:5 in order of merit list prepared on the basis of the Descriptive Examination only.
2. For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐II :
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Personal interview on the basis of valid GATE score in the ratio of 1:5 subject to their availability in order of discipline‐wise category‐wise merit list.
3. Eligible PwD(HH) and PwD(OH) candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview on the basis of valid GATE scores only, for the three vacancies reserved for them in the * marked disciplines under Part‐I and Part‐II.
4. Information regarding the shortlisted candidates will be made available at RAC website.
1. For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐I :
The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline wise category wise merit of aggregate of 80% weight-age of marks in the Descriptive Examination and 20% weight-age of marks in Personal Interview.
2. For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐II:
The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline wise category wise merit of aggregate of 80% weight-age of GATE score and 20% weight-age of marks in Personal Interview.
3. The final selection of PwD(HH) and (OH) candidates against the vacancies reserved for them in the * marked disciplines will be purely on the basis of combined merit of aggregate of 80% weight-age of GATE score and 20% weight-age of marks in Personal Interview.
4. Only those candidates securing minimum qualifying marks in the Personal Interview will be considered for preparation of final merit list. Candidates who do not qualify the interview will not be considered for final selection irrespective of their Descriptive Examination score (for Part‐I disciplines)/ GATE score (for Part‐II disciplines).
5. The selection against the UR vacancies will be done first based on the combined merit list of all candidates. The filling up of backlog vacancies (32 in number) in OBC/SC/ST category will be taken up after exhausting the UR vacancies.
6. In the merit list for final selection, candidates will be considered for selection against the vacancies in the organizations (DRDO/DST/ADA/GAETEC) they opted for, in order of their preference. They will be accommodated against the vacancies of that organization where their selection is definite and will not be kept in any wait list of their higher preferences.
7. In addition to the above, any other selection tool/test may be administered, at the sole discretion of RAC.
- RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2019 – Check Here
- RRB NTPC Previous Year Exam Analysis
- RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus
- Complete RRB NTPC General Awareness Syllabus 2019