Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern 2019
The Delhi Police head constable notification is officially out for eligible candidates to be recruited in the Delhi Police Recruitment. A total of 554 vacancies for both males and females has been released and candidates can apply online till 13th November 2019. As the notification is out, candidates must be searching for the detailed Delhi police constable exam pattern. This post contains all the details of Delhi Police head constable exam pattern 2019 with all the information regarding each stage of the Delhi Police Selection procedure.
- Delhi Police Head Constable (Ministerial) Official Notification Out: CHECK HERE
- Click here to check Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus 2019
- Delhi Police Head Constable Salary: Check Perks & Allowances
Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern: Selection Procedure
The Delhi Police head constable selection procedure consists of the following four stages. Candidates need to qualify each stage as per the order given below. The details of each stage of the Delhi Police constable exam pattern is provided in the article below.
|1||Computer-Based Examination||100 Marks|
|2||Physical Endurance & Measurement Tests||Qualifying|
|3||Typing Test||25 Marks|
|4||Computer (Formatting) Test||Qualifying|
|Final Result||125 MARKS|
1. Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern: Computer-Based Examination
The computer-based examination of Delhi Police head constable recruitment consists of 5 subjects for a total of 100 marks. The distribution of questions and marks of each subject is given below:
|Max Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General Awareness||20||20||90 Minutes|
|Part B||Quantitative Aptitude
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
|Part C||General Intelligence||25||25|
|Part D||English Language
|Part E||Computer Fundamentals,
MS Excel, MS Word,
WWW, and web browsers etc
- There will be “NO” negative marks for the wrong answer.
- The question paper for Computer-based examination except Part D will be in Hindi and English only.
- The candidates 20 times the number of vacancies will be qualified for the next stage.
2. Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern: Physical Endurance & Measurement Tests
Candidates qualified in the computer-based examination will be called for the next stage of Physical Endurance & Measurement tests.
Physical Endurance Test (Qualifying)
A) Male Candidates
For candidates including ex-servicemen and departmental candidates (age-wise) will be as under-
|Age||Race 1600 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Upto 30 Years||7 mins||12½ feet (12’6″)||3½ feet (3’6’’)|
|Above 30 Years to 40 Years||8 mins||11½ feet (11’6″)||3¼ feet (3’3’’)|
|Above 40 Years||9 mins||10½ feet (10’6″)||3 feet|
B) Female Candidates
For candidates including departmental candidates and widow/divorced/judicially separated women candidates (age-wise) will be as under-
|Age||Race 800 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Upto 30 Years||5 mins||9 feet||3 feet|
|Above 30 Years to 40 Years||6 mins||8 feet||2½ feet (2’6’’)|
|Above 40 Years||7 mins||7 feet||2¼ feet (2’3’’)|
Physical Measurement Standards
The candidates qualifying in the physical endurance tests shall have to appear in the physical measurement tests i.e. Height/chest (male candidates) and Height (female candidates) as per the below standards.
A) Male Candidates
B) Female Candidates
The candidates should be of sound state of health, free from defect, deformity or disease. The required vision is 6/12 with or without glasses for both eyes. No relaxation is allowed to any category of candidates on this count.
3. Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern: Typing Test on Computer (25 Marks)
- Candidates qualified in the Physical endurance and measurement tests (PE & MT), as well as PwD candidates qualified in CBT, will be called for the typing test on computer.
- The test shall be of 10 minutes duration.
- The marks will be added to the final merit.
- The candidates will be allotted marks according to the speed achieved in the typing test.
4. Delhi Police Head Constable Exam Pattern: Computer (Formatting) Test (Qualifying)
- The candidates who qualify the typing on computer shall be called for Computer (Formatting) Test and will be tested on MS-Word, MS-Power Point and MS-Excel which will be of qualifying nature.
- The candidates will be given 10 minutes for each tests separately.
- 20 features of formatting will be tested in each test with 1/2 mark each for every feature of formatting.
- In case of formatting features, if the candidates carry out the formatting as per the specimen, 1/2 mark each will be given. Otherwise, no marks will be given.
|Test||Total features to
to each feature
|Total Marks||Time Duration||Qualifying marks|
|MS-Word||20||1/2||10||10 minutes||6 marks|
|MS-PowerPoint||20||1/2||10||10 minutes||6 marks|
|MS-Excel||20||1/2||10||10 minutes||6 marks|