The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) earlier released the recruitment notification for the Delhi Police Constable. A total of 5846 vacancies have been notified in this recruitment. 3902 vacancies are for men while 1944 are for the female candidates. Clearing the physical standard is an extremely important and mandatory step. If a candidate fails to fulfill the required eligibility and physical standards then he/she will be disqualified and therefore won’t be recruited. In the post below all the interested candidates can check out the physical standards required for the Delhi Police Male and Female Constable such as age, height and other Physical Standards.
The Age Limit for appearing candidates to be eligible for the Delhi Police Constable recruitment 2020 Recruitment is 18 years to 25 years as on 1st July 2020. In order to be eligible for the recruitment candidates should not have been born earlier than 2nd July 1995 and later than 1st July 2002. Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories is as under:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Sportsperson of distinction who have represented a State at the National Level or the Country at International level in sports during the preceding three years from the closing date of receipt of online applications||General/ OBC/ EWS||5 years|
|SC/ ST||10 years|
|Departmental candidate of Delhi Police||General||Up to 40 years of age|
|OBC||Up to 43 years of age|
|SC/ ST||Up to 45 years of age|
|Sons and daughters of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ MultiTasking Staff of Delhi Police.||Up to 29 years|
|Ex-servicemen (ESM)||General/EWS||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|OBC||06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|SC/ ST||08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|Widows, divorced and judicially separated women who have not re-married. (The crucial date for such claim will be the closing date for receipt of online applications.)||5 years|
- Physical Standard for male Candidates
The minimum height and chest measurement required to be eligible for the Delhi police constable recruitment for the male candidates have been given below.
|Category of candidates||Heights (cms)||Chest (cms)|
|For candidates from General Category||170||81||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunanchal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir & Leh & Ladakh.||165||76||80|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||165||76||80|
|Sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.||165||76||80|
- Physical Standard for Female Candidates
The minimum height required to be eligible for the Delhi police constable recruitment for the female candidates has been given below.
|Category of candidates||Heights (cms)|
|For candidates from General Category||157|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, candidates belonging to Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh.||155|
|Daughters of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.||152|
- Eyesight: Candidates should be in a sound state of health, free from any kind of defect/ deformity/ disease, vision 6/12 without glasses both eyes, and free from colour blindness & without any correction such as wearing glasses/ surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. No relaxation is allowed/ permissible to candidates belonging to any category on this count.
- Tattoos: Tattoos on various parts of the body are permissible as per the details given below:
- Content: Tattoos depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army, shall be permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of the forearm, but only left forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands shall be allowed.
- Size: The size of the tattoo must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
The candidates applying for the examination must ensure that they fulfil all the above-mentioned conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the age limit for the Delhi Police Constable Recruitment?
The Age Limit for appearing candidates to be eligible for the Delhi Police Constable recruitment 2020 Recruitment is 18 years to 25 years as on 1st July 2020.
Q. What is the minimum height requirement for Female candidates belonging to the general category?
The minimum height requirement for Female candidates belonging to general category is 157 cms
Q. Is there any relaxation regarding the eyesight for reserved categories?
No relaxation is allowed/ permissible to candidates belonging to any category regarding the eyesight.
- Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2020: Check Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Delhi Police Constable Online Form: Apply Online For 5846 Vacancy
- Click here for Delhi police constable official notification