Delhi Police Constable Selection Procedure 2020: Delhi Police released the notification for 649 Vacancies of Constable (Assistant Wireless Operator & Tele Printer Operator) in level 4 of the pay matrix. Candidates can apply online for Delhi Police Constable recruitment till 27th January 2020. The selection process for Delhi Police exam 2020 to be conducted for Assistant Wireless Operator & Tele Printer Operator comprises of 4 stages, the details for which are provided in this post. Check the detailed exam pattern for Delhi Police Constable written examination along with the selection procedure in detail.
Delhi Police Constable Selection Procedure 2020
The Delhi Police Constable Selection Process 2020 comprises of 4 stages. The first stage includes a written examination of 100 marks. Candidates can check the selection procedure as given below:
|Stages||Tests/Exams||Max Marks/ Qualifying|
|1||Computer-Based Examination||100 marks|
|2||Physical Endurance &
|3||Trade test (Reading & Dictation)||Qualifying|
|4||Test of Proficiency in Computer||Qualifying|
1. Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern 2020
The Delhi Police Constable exam will be for a total of 100 marks. 100 questions will be required to attempt in the total duration of 90 minutes. The questions will be from 5 subjects namely; General Awareness, General Science, Mathematics, Reasoning and Computer. The details of subject wise questions have been provided in the table below:
|Max Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General Awareness||20||20||90 Minutes|
|Part B||General Science||25||25|
|Part E||Computer Fundamentals,
MS Excel, MS Word,
WWW, and web browsers etc
- The examination will be held in the online mode.
- There will be no negative marks for the wrong answer.
- The question paper for the computer-based examination will be in Hindi and English only.
2. Delhi Police Constable Physical Endurance & Measurement tests
Candidates who clear the written examination will be called for the PET/MT. Candidates equal to 20 times the number of vacancies in each category will appear for physical tests. The criteria for Physical Endurance Test & measurements tests has been described below:
Physical Endurance Test
A) Male Candidates
For candidates including ex-servicemen and departmental candidates (age-wise) will be as under-
|Age||Race 1600 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Upto 30 Years||7 mins||12½ feet (12’6″)||3½ feet (3’6’’)|
|Above 30 Years to 40 Years||8 mins||11½ feet (11’6″)||3¼ feet (3’3’’)|
|Above 40 Years||9 mins||10½ feet (10’6″)||3 feet|
B) Female Candidates
For candidates including departmental candidates and widow/divorced/judicially separated women candidates (age-wise) will be as under-
|Age||Race 800 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Upto 30 Years||5 mins||9 feet||3 feet|
|Above 30 Years to 40 Years||6 mins||8 feet||2½ feet (2’6’’)|
|Above 40 Years||7 mins||7 feet||2¼ feet (2’3’’)|
Physical Measurement Standards
The candidates qualifying in the physical endurance tests shall have to appear in the physical measurement tests i.e. Height/chest (male candidates) and Height (female candidates) as per the below standards.
A) Male Candidates
B) Female Candidates
3. Delhi Police Constable Trade test (Reading & Dictation)
- The candidates qualifying the Physical tests will be called for the trade test.
- The trade test is to assess the candidate’s capability to transmit and receive messages.
- This test will be taken in the form of reading and dictation.
- The dictation will be given in both Hindi & English languages.
- The candidates having more than 50% mistakes in Hindi or English dictation will be disqualified.
- The reading test will require each candidate to read a passage from the given text both in Hindi & English.
4. Delhi Police Constable Computer Proficiency Test
All candidates qualifying the trade test will appear for a test in proficiency in computer operation which will be qualifying.
- Test of English word processing speed- 1000 key depressions in 15 minutes. Candidates who make 25 mistakes or more will be disqualified.
- Test of Basic computer functions (Opening/Closing of PC, MS Office, Saving & modification in typed text, paragraph setting & numbering etc).
|Test||Total features to
to each feature
|Total Marks||Time Duration||Qualifying marks|
|MS-Word||10||1/2||5||5 minutes||3 marks|
|MS-PowerPoint||10||1/2||5||5 minutes||3 marks|
|MS-Excel||10||1/2||5||5 minutes||3 marks|