Dear Readers, We are providing you a quant quiz for SSC CHSL, SSC CGL 2016 and Railways.
1. If (x-5)(y+6)(z-8) = 1331, then the maximum values of x + y + z is
(d) not unique
2. What fraction must be subtracted from the sum of ¼ and 1/6 to have an average of 1/12 of the two fractions?
3. Sunny, Manny and Rammy begin to jog around a circular stadium and they complete their revolutions in 54 seconds, 42 seconds and 63 seconds respectively. After approximately how many minutes will they come together at the starting point?
(a) 8 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 3 minutes
(d) 6 minutes
4. Devosie rides her bike at an average speed of 30 km/hr and reaches her destination in 6 hours. Helauie covers the same distance in 4 hours. If Devosie increases her average speed by 10 km/hr and Helauie increases her average speed by 5 km/hr, what would be the difference in their time taken to reach the destination?
(a) 54 minutes
(b) 1 hour
(c) 40 minutes
(d) 45 minutes
5. The sum of six consecutive even numbers of prospectus-1 is 402. What is the sum of four consecutive numbers from another prospectus-2 whose lowest number is 15 less than double the lowest number of Set A?
6. A 280-metre–long train moving with an average speed of 108 km/h crosses a platform in 12 seconds. A man crosses the same platform in 10 seconds. What is the speed of the man?
(a) 5 m/s
(b) 8 m/s
(c) 12 m/s
(d) Cannot be determined
7. The ratio of the three angles of a quadrilateral is 13:9:5. The value of the fourth angle of the quadrilateral is 360. What is the difference between the largest and the second smallest angles of the quadrilateral?
8. In a K.V.S. school, there are 800 students out of which 12 per cent are girls. Each boy’s monthly fee is Rs. 220 and each girl’s monthly fee is 25 per cent less than that of a boy. What is the total monthly fee of all the girls and boys together?
(a) Rs. 1,72,020
(b) Rs. 1,80,780
(c) Rs. 1,70,720
(d) Rs. 1,80,600
10. A Sabina’s bullock cart has to cover a distance of 80 km in 10 hr. If the bullock cart covers half of the journey in 3/5 the time, what should be its speed in km/hr to cover the remaining distance in the time left?