Dear Readers, Here We are providing quant Quiz of 15 Maths questions in accordance with the syllabus of SSC CGL. Most of these Questions are asked in SSC CGL Previous papers. It will give you an implicit idea of Maths Question Paper of SSC CGL 2017.
Q1. Water is flowing at the rate of 5 km/h through a pipe of diameter 14 cm into a rectangular tank which is 50 m long, 44m wide. Find the time (in hrs.) in which the level of water in the tank will rise by 7 cm?
(b) 1 ½
(d) 2 ½
Q2. The ratio of income of two persons is 5:3 and that of their expenditures is 9:5.If they save Rs. 2600 and Rs. 1800 respectively, their incomes are:
(a) Rs. 8000; Rs. 4800
(b) Rs. 6000; Rs. 3600
(c) Rs. 10000; Rs. 6000
(d) Rs. 9000; Rs. 5400
Q3. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 h and 3 h respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously in the empty tank, then the tank will be filled in:
(a) 1 h 15 min
(b) 1 h 20 min
(c) 1 h 12 min
(d) 2 h 30 min
04. The pressure of a definite mass of a gas is directly proportional to the temperature and inversely proportional to the volume under the given conditions. If the temperature is increased by 40% and the volume is decreased by 20%, then the new pressure will be:
(a) increased by 75%
(b) reduced to 25%
(c) increased by 20%
(d) increased by 28%
05. A jar is full of honey. A person draws 20% of the honey from the jar and replaces it with sugar solution. He did the same process for 4 times and thus 512 gm of honey left in the jar. The initial amount of honey in the jar was:
(a) 1.25 kg
(b) 1 kg
(c) 1.5 kg
(d) None of these
06. A man buys oranges at Rs. 5 a dozen and an equal number at Rs. 4 a dozen. He sells them at Rs. 5.50 a dozen and makes a profit of Rs. 50. How many oranges does he buy?
(a) 30 dozens
(b) 40 dozens
(C) 50 dozens
(d) 60 dozens
07. P can do 2/3 of a job in 8 days and Q is twice as efficient as P. In how many days Q will finish the job?
08. If each edge of a cube is increased by 50%, find the percentage increase in Its surface area?
Q9. When a dealer heard that the price of a certain product was about to increase by Rs. 5 per pack, he purchased a number of packs of that product for Rs. 4,500/-. Had he purchased it at the new price, he would have obtained 10 fewer packs. How many packs did he buy?
Q10. If a rectangular space 8 cm long and 6 cm wide is increased in its length and width by 25%, then what will be the percentage increase in the area of original rectangular space?
(d) 56 ¼
Q11. A can do a work in 6 days more than what B takes to do the work. A worked for 7 days, then B takes the work and completed it in 10 more days. In how many days A and B can complete the work individually?
Q12. Four metal rods of length 78 cm, 104 cm, 117 cm and 169 cm are to be cut into parts of equal length. Each part must be as long as possible. What is the maximum number of pieces that can be cut?
Q13. 8 taps are fitted to a water tank. Some of them are water taps to fill the tank and the remaining are outlet taps to empty the tank. Each water tap can fill the tank in 12 hours and each outlet tap can empty it in 36 hours. On opening all the taps, the tank is filled in 3 hours. Find the number of outlet taps.
Q14. A jar full of whiskey contains 40% alcohol. A part of this whiskey is replaced by another whiskey containing 19% alcohol and now the percentage of alcohol was found to be 26%. The quantity of whiskey replaced is:
Q15. A person bought 76 cows and sold 20 cows at 15% profit, 40 cows at 19% profit and remaining 16 cows at 25% profit and got a profit of Rs. 6570 on the whole. The cost price of each cow is: