1. INDELIBLE (adjective) : अमार्जनीय
Meaning: not able to be forgotten.
Synonyms: ineradicable, enduring, stubborn, permanent
Antonyms: delible, destructible, erasable, impermanent
Example: The blood had left an indelible mark on her shirt.
2. TEDIOUS (adjective) : उकतानेवाला
Meaning: too long, slow, or dull; tiresome or monotonous.
Synonyms: dull, unexciting, unvaried, mundane
Antonyms: exciting, interesting
Example: The meeting was so long and tedious, he was ready to climb the wall.
3. PROWESS (noun) : कौशल
Meaning: skill or expertise in a particular activity or field.
Synonyms: skill, expertise, ability, ability
Antonyms: inability, ineptitude
Example: He was famous for his prowess as an athlete.
4. PETULANT (adjective) : ढीठ
Meaning: (of a person or their manner) childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
Synonyms: cranky, fractious, irritable, perverse
Antonyms: agreeable, cheerful, patient, willing
Example: I was made to feel like a petulant child who has flown into a temper because his favorite toy was removed.
5. BYZANTINE (adjective) : पेचीदा
Meaning: (of a system or situation) excessively complicated, and typically involving a great deal of administrative detail
Synonyms: daedal, complicated, convoluted, devious
Example: They are built on the Byzantine pattern, in small scale, and have painted fresco decoration.
6. BUCOLIC (adjective) : ग्राम्य
Meaning: relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life.
Synonyms: rustic, rural, pastoral, country
Example: There was a certain bucolic look to the faces of the cart drivers.
7. LAUDABLE (adjective) : प्रशंसनीय
Meaning: (of an action, idea, or aim) deserving praise and commendation.
Synonyms: praiseworthy, commendable, admirable, meritorious
Example: Faith ceases to be laudable when it is blind faith.
8. RAPACIOUS (adjective) : अति लोलुप
Meaning: aggressively greedy or grasping.
Synonyms: grasping, greedy, avaricious, acquisitive
Example: It was a horrendous, rapacious strategy that they had used to gain control of their own home system.
9. BOLSTER (verb) : आधार, सहारा
Meaning: support or strengthen.
Synonyms: strengthen, support, reinforce, boost
Example: He is making a bold attempt to bolster the territory’s confidence.
10. GERMANE (adjective) : सार्थक
Meaning: relevant to a subject under consideration.
Synonyms: relevant, pertinent, applicable, apposite
Example: He asks questions that are germane and central to the issue
You may also like to read:
- Click here to know all about SSC CGL 2018 Exam
- SSC CGL 2018 Latest Information
- Best Books For SSC CGL, CPO , GD Constable Exam 2018
- Check latest updates of SSC CGL 2018
- Check latest updates of SSC CPO 2018
- English Notes, Questions & Videos for SSC