➤➤Manipur CM launched DARPAN web applications to check corruption
i. Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched two web applications to check corruption and keep track of government activities.
ii. The two web applications were Anti-Corruption Cell and Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation (DARPAN). The two web applications would monitor all government funded projects and ensure transparency and accountability.
➤➤Maharashtra, the first state to stage special drive for transgenders to register as voters
i. Maharashtra has become the first state to launch a special awareness drive to ensure that transgenders in the state register as voters in greater numbers.
ii. The state branch of the Election Commission of India (ECI) launched the drive on April 15, celebrated as Third Gender Day. According to ECI officials, despite the approximate population of third genders in Maharashtra being pegged at more than 10 lakh, only about 1,700 are registered voters.
i. Human Resource and Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
ii. The portal is one-stop for States’ Higher Education Plans, the decision of the States’ Higher Education Councils and details of the resources. The mobile application will ensure that all projects under RUSA are tracked for 24×7.
➤➤Bhopal to have India’s first privately run railway station
i. For the first time in Indian Railway history Habibganj station in Bhopal has been handed over to the private firm to be operated by it.
ii. The station building will be developed in line with airport terminals. However, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu clarified that trains at the station will still be run by the Railways.
➧Points to remember-
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched two web applications Anti-Corruption Cell and DARPAN to check corruption and keep track of government activities
- Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation is the full form of DARPAN
- Maharashtra becomes the first state to launch a special drive for transgenders to register as voters
- CM of Maharashtra is Devendra Fadnavis and governor of Maharashtra is C Vidyasagar Rao.
- The youngest Indians on the list are brothers Sanjay, 15, and Shravan Kumaran, 17, who founded GoDimensions, a mobile app developer five years ago
- Habibganj station in Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) has been handed over to a private firm to be operated by it
- Railway Minister of India is Suresh Prabhu