➤➤North India to get DNA bank for wildlife
i. North India is all set to get its first Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) bank for wildlife in Bareilly.
ii. It will help in research and also in bringing down poaching. At present, the Laboratory for the Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES) in Hyderabad is the only such facility in the country.
i. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017 on April 7, 2017, in New Delhi.
ii. The slogan of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit was ‘Unite for a Healthy Mind’. In the Summit special emphasis was given to people suffering from the problem of Depression.
➤➤Ajit Kumar Srivastava, Shabri Bhattasali named new CBDT members
i. Senior bureaucrats Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali were appointed members of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the apex policy making body of the Income Tax department.
ii. The CBDT functions under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963. CBDT has introduced the Electronic PAN (e-PAN) card for individuals and for 19,704 newly incorporated companies as it tied up with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
➤➤Mukta Dutta Tomar appointed India’s Ambassador to Germany
i. Mukta Dutta Tomar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Germany.
ii. She is presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. Earlier, Gurjit Singh was holding this post till in March 2017.
i. For the first time since Nagaland officially gained recognition as a state, a state Police Officer Atu Zumvu has been awarded one of the nations’ military honour, ‘Shaurya Chakra’ award at a ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
ii. Nagaland attained statehood in 1963 and since then this is the first time a police officer from the state has been honored with this award.
- First DNA Bank for Wild Animals in North India to Be Set Up in Bareilly
- DNA full form is Deoxyribonucleic acid
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017
- The slogan of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit was ‘Unite for a Healthy Mind’
- World Health Day is celebrated globally on 7th of April
- The Theme of 2017 World Health Day is ‘Depression: Let’s Talk’
- Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali were appointed as new CBDT members
- Central Board of Direct Taxes is the full form of CBDT
- CBDT has introduced the Electronic PAN (e-PAN) card in collaboration with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Mukta Dutta Tomar appointed India’s Ambassador to Germany
- She has replaced Gurjit Singh
- Smt. Sushma Swaraj is the Union External Affairs Minister of India
- Atu Zumvu becomes first Naga cop to receive ‘Shaurya Chakra’ award
- Nagaland attained statehood in 1963
- Shurhozelie Liezietsu is the newly appointed Chief Minister of Nagaland