i. Renowned Director and actor Kasinathuni Viswanath has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016 for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.
ii. He is the 48th recipient of the award, the highest recognition in Indian cinema, which consists of a golden lotus, a cash prize of Rs10 lakh and a shawl. President Pranab Mukherjee confered the award on him at a ceremony on May 3, 2017, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
i. Top environmental activist Prafulla Samantara of Odisha has been selected for Goldman Environmental Prize 2017 (also called as Green Nobel) from Asia region for championing the cause of State’s Dongria Kondh tribals and safeguarding their land and culture.
ii. Samantara is the sixth Indian to win the prize, had led a historic legal battle that protected the Niyamgiri Hills in Odisha.
➤➤Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur bags Gold at Asian Grand Prix Meet in China
i. Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur has clinched a gold in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix Athletics Meet in Jinhua, China.
ii. Manpreet came up with the best throw of 18.86 meter, which was nearly one meter more than her earlier national record of 17.96 meters that she had set in 2015. India ended the one-day event with seven medals – 1 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze.
- Kasinathuni Viswanath has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for 2016
- Devika Rani was the first awardee of Dadasaheb Phalke award
- The award consists of a golden lotus, a cash prize of Rs10 lakh and a shawl
- Prafulla Samantara is selected for Goldman Environmental Prize 2017 from Asia region
- Goldman Environmental Prize 2017 is also called as Green Nobel
- Prafulla Samantara is the top environmental activist of Odisha
- François Hollande is the President of France and its Capital is in Paris.
- Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur clinched Gold at Asian Grand Prix Meet in China
- Manpreet Singh has qualified for the IAAF World Championships to be held in August 2017 in London
- India clinched up total seven medals in the one-day event.
Since, SSC MTS Exam is scheduled on 30th april, 14th may, 28th may, 4th june and 11th june, You all need to understand the exam pattern and trick, approach to crack MTS exam, CLICK HERE to read the strategy in detail.