➤➤Himachal Pradesh bags Krishi Karman Award 2015-16
i. The Union Ministry of Agriculture has selected Himachal Pradesh for the Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for the commendable increase in food grains production.
ii. Himachal Pradesh is being selected for this award for the third time. The award would carry a trophy, citation and cash prize. The state was also conferred the Krishi Karman Award for 2011-12 for the increase in wheat production and in 2014-15 for increasing food grains production.
➤➤Indian wins top prize at UN challenge for open source tool
i. An Indian software engineer Abdulqadir Rashik has won the top prize at a global challenge for an open-source tool that enables users to interactively view UN General Assembly resolutions and gain a deeper understanding of the voting patterns of member states.
ii. He also won the ‘Unite Ideas UNGAViz Textual Analysis and Visualisation Challenge’ for his Global Policy.
i. US-based tech giant Cisco launched its fifth global cyber range lab in Gurugram, Haryana with an aim to train Indian firms and government agencies on real-world cyber attacks.
ii. This is the first cyber range lab in India. The facility was inaugurated by National Cyber Security Coordinator Gulshan Rai.
➤➤Pranab Mukherjee released book on Draupadi by Veerappa Moily
i. A book on Draupadi named ‘the Flaming Tresses of Draupadi’ written by senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily was released by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
ii. The book is an English translation by D A Shankar of Moily’s original work in Kannada.
- Himachal Pradesh bags Krishi Karman Award for 2015-16
- The total food grains production has increased from 14.94 lakh tonne to 16.34 lakh tonne in Himachal Pradesh
- Radha Ram Mohan Singh is the Union Agriculture and farmer welfare Minister of India
- The Capital of Himachal Pradesh is Shimla and its Chief Minister is Mr. Virbhadra Singh
- Cisco launched its fifth global cyber range lab in Gurugram, Haryana
- The facility was inaugurated by National Cyber Security Coordinator Gulshan Rai
- Cisco was formed in 1984 and it is headquartered in California, USA
- Chuck Robbins is the current CEO of Cisco
- Pranab Mukherjee released the book named ‘the Flaming Tresses of Draupadi’ authored by M Veerappa Moily
- The book was translated into English by D A Shankar
- Moily is best known for his book Shree Ramayana Mahanveshanam, which received the Moortidevi Award of the Bharatiya Jnanpith.