➤➤World Homeopathy Day: International Convention Organised in New Delhi
i. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the National Convention on World Homeopathy Day on 10 April 2017 at New Delhi.
ii. The event was organized to commemorate the 262nd birth anniversary of the founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, who was a great scholar, linguist and acclaimed scientist.
iii. The theme of the convention is “Enhancing Quality Research in Homeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences“.
➤➤26 projects worth Rs2100 cr approved for Namami Gange project
i. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 26 projects worth Rs 2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme, aiming to reduce the river’s pollution load.
ii. As part of the projects, the NMCG will set up sewage treatment plants (STPs) and develop sewage network in four Ganga basin states: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi.
iii. It will create sewage treatment capacity of 188 million litres daily (MLD), setting up 13 new STPs in the states. The NMCG will rehabilitate three existing STPs of 596 MLD-capacity in Delhi, Haridwar (Uttarakhand) and Vrindavan (Uttar Pradesh).
i. Madhya Pradesh government kick-started its ambitious ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojana’ under which subsidised meals will be available at Rs 5 per plate to people, especially the economically disadvantaged sections of society.
ii. The initiative is on the lines of state run Amma Canteens, started by the former chief minister J Jayalalithaa, which served subsidised food at low prices. Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the scheme at Gwalior. In the first phase, the scheme would be inaugurated in 49 districts.
➤➤Rajnath Singh launches Akshay Kumar’s portal ‘Bharat Ke Veer’
i. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the website and app named ‘Bharat Ke Veer‘, to facilitate the monetary contribution to the kin of soldier personnel killed in action.
ii. The Home Minister launched the website on the occasion of the ‘Shaurya Diwas’, which was organized to facilitate the CRPF with bravery awards and medals. This website is technically supported by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and powered by State Bank of India.
iii. The amount so donated will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers. Actor Akshay Kumar was the Guest of Honour during the function.
- Full form of AYUSH is The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
- World Homeopathy Day is observed on 10 April 2017
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH is Shripad Yesso Naik
- The theme of the convention is “Enhancing Quality Research in Homeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”.
- NMCG has approved 26 projects worth Rs 2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme.
- This amount will be spent in the states of UP, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG) was registered as a society on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- National Ganga Council under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Empowered Task Force (ETF) on river Ganga under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Uma Bharti is the cabinet minister for water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation.
- Rajnath Singh launched Akshay Kumar’s portal ‘Bharat Ke Veer’
- Akshay Kumar was recently awarded as the Best Actor for Rustam in 64th National Awards
- ‘Bharat Ke Veer‘ portal is a facility for the monetary contribution to the kin of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in action.