➤Malala to become youngest United Nations Messenger of Peace
i. Malala Yousafzai, the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize has become the youngest United Nations Messenger of Peace. ii.19-year-old Pakistani education activist appointed by Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on April 10, 2017, and it will help to promote girl education around the world.
➤NBA launches first basketball school in India
i. The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced the setting up of its first basketball school, a network of tuition-based basketball development programmes, in Mumbai. ii. The school, as part of a multi-year agreement announced with India On Track (IOT), is open to male and female players between ages 6-18.
i. Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar won a gold medal in the 49- kilogram category at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok. ii. He clinched the medal without even stepping inside the ring for his summit clash as Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov of Uzbekistan was unable to play the match due to his injury.
➤NPCI disburses Rs. 245 cr in prize money under Niti Aayog’s Lucky Draw scheme
i. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for all retail payment systems in the country, has disbursed over Rs. 245 crore worth of prize money to about 18 lakh winners under the NITI Aayog’s Lucky Draw schemes for consumers and merchants which are Lucky Grahak Yojna (LGY) and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojna (DVY).ii. There are three mega prizes for consumers worth Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh. For merchants too there would be three mega prizes worth Rs. 50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 12 lakh.
- Malala from Pakistan has become the youngest UN messenger of peace
- United Nations ninth Secretary-General is Antonio Guterres
- UN headquarter is in New York City, U.S.A
- UN was founded in 1945.
- NPCI disbursed Rs. 245 crore in prize money under Niti Aayog’s Lucky Draw scheme
- NPCI full form is National Payment Corporation of India
- NPCI headquarter is in Mumbai and was founded in 2008
- NITI aayog Chairman is Shri Narendra Modi
- Full form of NITI is National Institute of Transforming India.
- K Shyam Kumar won a gold medal at the Thailand International Tournament
- He won in the 49- kilogram category
- Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and its currency is Thai Baht
- Thailand International Tournament was held in Bangkok.
- NBA launches India’s first basketball school in Mumbai
- NBA full form is National Basketball Association
- NBA headquarter is in New York, United States of America