Latest SSC jobs   »   Daily Current Affairs Update: 29th April

Daily Current Affairs Update: 29th April

Staying updated with the daily current affair is crucial for the aspirants preparing for the government job examinations. The latest news of national and international importance is what many people seek on a daily basis. With so much happening around you, it must be difficult to get all the news of the day at one place. To help the aspirants get an insight into the news of the day, we are providing you with the daily current affairs update. In this post, we will cover all the important news useful for government job aspirants.

International Dance Day observed globally on 29 April

International Dance Day is observed globally on 29 April every year. This day was created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI), the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.

India attends 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue

India attends the 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue hosted by Germany. Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate change, Prakash Javadekar is representing India in the first virtual Petersberg Climate Dialogue.

CSIR-CMERI develops “Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device”

low-cost robotic device named as “Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device (H-CARD)” is developed by CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur.

Padma Shri award-winning Actor Irrfan Khan passes away

Padma Shri award-winning Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan passed away. His health has been deteriorating since he was diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer in 2018. In 2011, Irrfan Khan was honoured with the Padma Shri award by the government of India for his significant contribution to arts and cinema.

North Pole’s largest-ever ozone hole finally closes

Scientists observing the ozone hole at Copernicus’ Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS) has announced that the Ozone layer hole at the North Pole have been completely closed. The hole in Ozone was first identified by scientists in March 2020 and was reportedly the largest hole in the Ozone layer.

Grammy-nominated singer Troy Sneed passes away

Grammy-nominated gospel singer Troy Sneed passed away due to the novel coronavirus. For his work on the Youth For Christ’s 1999 album ‘Higher’, singer Troy Sneed was nominated for Grammy award.

Andhra Pradesh govt starts “Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme”

The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S.Jaganmohan Reddy has announced the ‘Jagananna Vidya Deevena’ Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government will provide Fee reimbursement for ITI, B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, and B.Ed Courses. Fee reimbursement will be credited directly to the accounts of mothers instead of college accounts for the coming academic year 2020-21.

ADB to support India’s COVID-19 immediate response with $1.5 bn loan

The Government of India has signed a $1.5 billion loan with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to combat the COVID-19 crisis. The loan amount will be used in fulfilling India’s immediate priorities.

Automobile giant Maruti Suzuki develops low-cost ventilators

Automobile giant Maruti Suzuki developed low-cost ventilators for helping the government against COVID-19. The production for the ventilators has been going on in Gautam Buddha Nagar of Uttar Pradesh, where the company is supporting a start-up Agva Healthcare to scale-up ventilator production.

Axis Bank set to acquire a stake in Max Life Insurance

Axis Bank announced to acquire a 29% additional stake in Max Life Insurance. The price has been estimated at Rs 1,592 crore. Axis Bank‘s stake in Max Life will increase up to 30% after the deal. The remaining 70% will be held in the joint venture.

Former Liverpool player Michael Robinson passes away

Michael Robinson Former Liverpool striker, passed away on 29th April. He featured in more than 300 official matches in England for five clubs, including Liverpool.

Shiv Das Meena becomes new CMD of HUDCO

Shiv Das Meena, additional secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, appointed as chairman and managing director of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) for a period of six months with immediate effect.

Download your free content now!


Daily Current Affairs Update: 29th April_60.1

General Awareness & Science Capsule PDF

Download your free content now!

We have already received your details!

Daily Current Affairs Update: 29th April_70.1

Please click download to receive Adda247's premium content on your email ID

Incorrect details? Fill the form again here

General Awareness & Science Capsule PDF

Thank You, Your details have been submitted we will get back to you.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *