1. After allowing a discount of 16%, there was still a gain of 5%. Then the percentage of marked price over the cost price is
2. The population of a city two years ago was 1,25,000. Due to migration from cities, it decreases every year at the rate of 4% per annum. How many person have migrated in last two years?
3. The number of coins, each of radius 0.75 cm and thickness 0.2 cm, to be melted to make a right circular cylinder of height 8 cm and radius 3 cm, is
4. A train travelling with a speed of 60 km/hr catches another train travelling in the same direction and then leaves it 120 m behind in 18 seconds. The speed of the second train is
(a) 26 km/hr
(b) 35 km/hr
(c) 36 km/hr
(d) 63 km/hr
5. The product of two 2 – digit numbers is 2028 and their HCF is 13. The sum of the numbers is:
6. The six -digit number 5ABB7A is a multiple of 33 for digits A and B. Which of the following could be possible value of A + B?
7. Ravi can walk a certain distance in 40 days when he rests 9 hours a day. How long will he take to walk twice the distance, twice as fast and rest twice as long each days?
(a) 40 days
(b) 80 days
(c) 50 days
(d) 100 days
8. In a triangle, the angles are in the ratio 2 : 3 : 5. What is the value of the least angle in the radian?
9. 8% of the voters in an election did not cast their votes .In this election ,there were only two candidates ,The winner by obtaining 48% of the total votes defeated his contestant by 1100 votes.The total number of voters in the election was:
10. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 minutes and 75 minutes respectively.There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it.If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 minutes. In how much time the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
(a) 110 minutes
(b) 100 minutes
(c) 120 minutes
(d) 90 minutes