Deciding what to do after the 12th standard is one of the most difficult decisions that a student makes as this decision often decides one’s whole career. There are lacs of students in our country who are puzzled regarding their careers after schooling. Many students often search a lot related to the career after 12th in the field of Science stream. In the post below, we are providing various courses that students can take up who pursued their academics with PCM, PCB or PCMB.
Popular Science Courses after 12th
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- BSc (IT & Software)
- Post Basic Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma)
Commerce Courses available to Science students
- BCom (in Accounting and Commerce)
- BBA LLB (5 year integrated programme)
Arts courses available to Science students
- BA in Humanities & Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- BA in Arts (Fine/Visual/Performing)
- BDes in Animation
- BA LLB
- Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
- BA in Animation
- BA in Hospitality & Travel
- Diploma in Education (DEd)
- BSc in Hospitality & Travel
Popular Course after 12th For Students with PCM
- Bachelor of Technology (BE/BTech): BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ BTech (Bachelor of Technology) is a professional undergraduate degree awarded after completing four years of academic study in the field of engineering. It is one of the most popular career options for science students. Universities offering other degrees along with engineering name their engineering degree as BE while institutes that offer professional courses like engineering name their engineering degree as BTech. To pursue a BE/BTech degree, aspirants must have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with securing a minimum aggregate of 50% at the HSC level
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch: Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) is an undergraduate degree programme of Architecture. BArch involves the art of planning, designing, and constructing buildings along with other physical structures. the basic eligibility to pursue this degree, students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Bachelor of Science (B.SC): Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is an undergraduate degree that aspirants can take up to pursue a career in Science. Aspirants need to complete Class XII in Science stream in order to be eligible for BSc course. Duration of a BSc course is mostly three years in Indian universities and colleges.
Popular Course after 12th For Students with PCB
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a degree in medicine and surgery that is undertaken at the Graduation level in order to become a certified Doctor. To pursue MBBS, the candidate must have passed Class XII or equivalent exam in PCM/PCMB with at least 60% marks in aggregate. There’s a provision of marks relaxation for the reserved category students in government and other government affiliated medical institutes. For admission in any Medical college, the candidate has to appear in an entrance exam.
- Post Basic BSc (Nursing): Post basic BSc- Nursing is two-year undergraduate degree which helps students in understanding the objectives and responsibilities of Nursing as a profession. Students who have passed GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) course after completing 10+2 in Science with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks would be considered eligible for the course. Students must also be registered as nurse and midwife with any State Nursing Registration council.
- Bachelor of Science (Pure Sciences): BSc or Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate degree that aspirants can take up to pursue a career in Science. students need to complete Class XII in Science stream to be eligible for the B.Sc course. The duration of a BSc course is typically three years in Indian universities and colleges.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma): BPharm or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a four year undergraduate degree in the field of Pharmacy. To be eligible for the course, students should pass 10+2 in Science (PCM/B) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Course after 12th For Students with PCB
A student with PCMB as subjects has the benefit of choosing from a wide array of courses available for both PCM and PCB groups. PCMB students are eligible for all the courses that PCM and PCB students can apply for. Those courses have been mentioned above. The minimum aggregate of 60% at the HSC level is a requirement in many colleges and universities. For some courses, students must also have scored atleast 60% individually in Mathematics and Biology/Life Sciences.
Jobs and Career Opportunity after 12th Science
Given below are the few job profiles and career opportunities after 12th Science.
|Course Name||Job Profiles and Career Opportunities|
|BE/BTech||Computer Science Engineer, Civil Engineer, Electrical engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Automobile Engineer etc|
|Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)||Architect, Interior Designing, Architecture Engineer, Architecture Draftsman etc|
|BSc (Science)||Scientist, Biotechnologist, Teaching, Government jobs, defense services,|
|BCA (IT & Software)||Software developer, Software engineer, Computer Programmer, Web Design and development, Database Administrator|
|BSc (IT & Software)||IT Engineer, Systems Engineer, Database Manager, Database Security Professional|
|MBBS||MD/MS, Diploma, Clinical Research, Masters in Health Administration|
|Post Basic BSc Nursing||Clinical nursing, public health nursing|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharma)||Research and Development, Clinical research associate, Higher education lecturer, Science writer etc|