Cabinet Ministers of India: A group of central ministries headed by the prime minister is called a union cabinet. The union cabinet comprises cabinet ministers and the prime minister. The cabinet is the highest decision-making union in India. Cabinet Minister advises the prime minister and vice versa. Each cabinet minister implements the decisions taken and directives from the prime minister in his/her ministry.
According to Constitution of India, the total strength of the Council of Ministers cannot be more than 15% of the total number of Lok Sabha MPs. The current strength of the 17th Lok Sabha is 543 members and therefore the Council of Ministers cannot be more than 81. In the current cabinet Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds the following ministries:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
- Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions.
- Department of Atomic Energy
- Department of Space
List of Cabinet Ministers
|Shri Narendra Modi||
|Shri Raj Nath Singh||Minister of Defence|
|Shri Amit Shah||Minister of Home Affairs|
|Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari||
|Shri DV Sadananda Gowda||Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers|
|Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman||
|Shri Ramvilas Paswan||Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution|
|Shri Narendra Singh Tomar||
|Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad||
|Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal||Minister of Food Processing Industries|
|Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot||Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar||Minister of External Affairs|
|Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’||Minister of Human Resource Development|
|Shri Arjun Munda||Minister of Tribal Affairs|
|Smt Smriti Zubin Irani||
|Dr Harsh Vardhan||
|Shri Prakash Javedkar||
|Shri Piyush Goyal||
|Shri Dharmendra Pradhan||
|Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi||Minister of Minority Affairs|
|Shri Pralhad Joshi||
|Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey||Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship|
|Shri Giriraj Singh||Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries|
|Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat||Minister of Jal Shakti|
Role of a Cabinet Minister
- Role of a Cabinet Minister to make decisions concerning national issues and also direct the government policies towards them.
- Discussing the national problems in the parliament and finding solutions to them
- Cabinet Minister presents the bills on behalf of the respective departments.
- The duty of the cabinet ministers includes looking into the security of the country, foreign affairs, and the good economic health of the nation.
- The cabinet ministers will be acting as heads of various administrative departments of which they would have to take care of the day to day progress.
- The cabinet of ministers has the power to get the law passed in both the houses of the parliament. In the same fashion, they also oppose the bill from getting adopted. In short, they have the power to make laws that will get implemented to the entire country.
- The cabinet has the final decision in matters of finance by preparing a budget for the entire financial year, to propose taxes, the expenditures get made and allocation of resources
List of Minister of State (Independent Charge)
|Minister of State (Independent Charge)||Portfolio|
|Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar||Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Rao Inderjit Singh||Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Planning
|Shri Shripad Yesso Naik||Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)|
|Dr Jitendra Singh||Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region|
|Shri Kiren Rijiju||Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports|
|Shri Prahalad Singh Patel||Ministry of Culture
Ministry of Tourism
|Shri Raj Kumar Singh||Ministry of Power
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
|Shri Hardeep Singh Puri||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Ministry of Civil Aviation
|Shri Mansukh L Mandaviya||Ministry of Shipping|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who is the head of Union Council of Ministers?
The head of the Union Council of Ministers is Prime Minister of India
Q. Who is the current Minister of Defence?
Shri Rajnath Singh is the current Minister of Defence
Q. What are the three categories of Council of Ministers?
The three categories of Ministers in the Union Council of Ministers are :
- The Cabinet Ministers
- Ministers of State
- Deputy Ministers
Q. Who is the role of a Cabinet Minister?
There are several roles of a cabinet minister such as making decisions concerning national issues, presenting the bills on behalf of the respective departments etc.