BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023
BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023: BPSC has released the official notification for Combined Competitive (Prelims) Examination 2022-23 on the official website. The BPSC board has released vacancies for various posts through the BPSC 68th Recruitment 2022-23 such as Assistant Director, Rural Development Officer, Block Panchayat Raj Officer, Supply Inspector, etc. Candidates must be looking for the appropriate study material to prepare for the BPSC 68th Notification 2022-23.
BPSC 68th Syllabus
Here we are providing you the detailed BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023, BPSC 68th Exam Pattern, selection process details which could help candidates to prepare the BPSC 68th Exam. Understanding the exam pattern and syllabus is the initial step for the aspirant to begin and come closer to their dream job. Candidates are advised to go through the complete article for more details regarding the BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023
BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023-Overview
BPSC has published on the official website to fill 281 vacancies for various posts. Here we have tabulated the BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023 Overview for candidate’s convenience.
|BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023: Overview|
|Recruitment Body||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Post Name||Various Posts|
|Exam Level||State Government|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each question|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
BPSC 68th 2022 Selection Process
The selection process of BPSC 68th Notification 2022-23 includes the following stages
- Prelims Exam : One multiple choice-based paper for 150 marks.
- Mains Exam: Four Papers
- Interview: 120 marks
|BPSC 68th Exam Stages||Exam Type||Mode||Total Marks||Duration|
|Mains||Subjective||Offline||One qualifying paper (Hindi)
900 ( 3 Papers of 300 marks each)
|3 hours for each Paper|
|Personal Interview||Physically Present||Offline||120||Not Defined|
BPSC 68th Exam Pattern- Prelims
The BPSC 68th Exam Pattern is given below. Candidates will get to understand the detailed BPSC 68th Exam Pattern from the below table.
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- The Prelims exam is qualifying in nature.
- The total number of questions asked will be 150 for 150 marks.
- The questions will be in the multiple choice-based format.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking.
|BPSC 68th Exam Pattern- Prelims|
|Name of Exam||68th BPSC Competitive Exam|
|No of Papers||1 – General Studies (150 marks)|
BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023- Prelims Exam
Here is the subject- wise syllabus for the BPSC 68th Notification 2022. Candidates can prepare accordingly from the syllabus mentioned below.
- Current Affairs- Based on National/International importance
- History of India and Bihar- General understanding of the subject with the broad aspects of the history of Bihar
- Geography of India and Bihar- Questions will relate to the physical, social and economic geography of the country including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources
- General geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems
- Indian polity- Questions will test knowledge on the country’s political system, Panchayati raj, community development and planning in India and Bihar
- Indian economy and economy of Bihar post-independence.
- Indian Movements and Contribution of Bihar in it- Question will relate to the nature and character of the 19th century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence with special reference to Bihar
- General Science- General understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience. The questions asked on Science and Technology do not require subject specialization.
- General Mental Ability- Questions based on General Mental Ability
BPSC 68th Exam Pattern- Mains
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Paper 1 i.e. General Hindi is qualifying in nature and candidate need to secure 30% marks to qualify for the same.
- The questions will be descriptive based.
- There is no negative marking in the BPSC Mains exam.
|Exam||Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|Main Exam (Subjective)||General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023- Mains Exam
The subject-wise BPSC 68th Syllabus is provided here. Candidates can prepare accordingly from the syllabus mentioned below.
Qualifying Paper: General Hindi
Paper 1 i.e. General Hindi is qualifying in nature. This paper will be of 100 marks and questions will be subjective in nature. The marks distribution is as follows.
- Grammar: 30 Marks
- Essay: 30 Marks
- Syntax: 25 Marks
- Summarization: 15 Marks
General Studies Papers
The General Studies Paper includes two papers: General Studies Paper 1 & General Studies Paper 2. Each Paper is of 300 marks and the total marks for these papers is 900.
|General Studies 1||General Studies 2|
General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
Modern History of India and Indian culture- History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of 19th century, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, Birsa movement, the Quit India Movement, Champaran Satyagrah, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Nehru, Tagore and Gandhi.
- Santhal uprising
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- 1857 war of independence
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942
Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams- Questions will be asked to test the ability to draw conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatical information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies.
General Studies Paper 2 Syllabus
Indian Polity- Questions will be asked based on the political system in India including Bihar
Indian economy and Geography of India- Questions will be asked on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar
The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India- Questions will be asked to test awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar with special reference to applied science.
BPSC Optional Subjects
For the BPSC Mains, candidates have to select one optional subject out of 34 total subjects. The one optional subject exam is for 300 marks and the questions asked will be of Honours Level (3-year course in Patna University). The optional subjects are given below. Candidates can get the detailed syllabus for the optional subjects from the BPSC Syllabus PDF.
BPSC Optional Subjects
- Hindi Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Candidates who will qualify for the mains exam will be called for the interview round.
- The BPSC Interview round will be held for 120 marks.
- The final merit list will be prepared based on the performance of candidates in the 68th BPSC Mains exam and interview round.
You may also like to read this:
|SSC CGL Admit Card 2022||CSBC Bihar Police Prohibition Constable Recruitment 2022|
|JKSSB JE Recruitment 2022||UKPSC Jail Warden Recruitment 2022|
BPSC 68th Syllabus 2023- FAQs
Q. Will there be any negative marking in the BPSC 68th Exam 2023?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking scheme in the BPSC 68th Exam 2023.
Q. What is the total number of questions asked in the BPSC 68th Prelims Exam?
Ans: The total number of questions will be 150 in the BPSC 68th Prelims Exam.
Q. Is the BPSC 68th Prelims Exam qualifying in nature?
Ans. Yes, the BPSC 68th Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature