1. Consider the following statements
The Cripps proposals include the provision for
1. Full independence for India,
2. creation of constitution making body.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) only 1
(b) only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
2. Gandhi coined the phrase “Satyagraha in/ during
(a) south Africa,
(b) Champaran Satyagraha,
(c) Kaira Satyagraha,
(d) Anti Rowlatt Act Agitation
3. The first tribal leader who was inspired by Mahatma Gandhi and his ideology was
(b) Rani Gaidinliu
(c) Alluri Sitaram Raju
(d) Thakkar Bapa
4. The first venture of Gandhi in All India Politics was the
(a) none – cooperation Movement,
(b) Rowlatt Satyagraha,
(c) Champaran Movement,
(d) Dandi march
5. Ramsay MacDonald’s Communal Award gave
(a) Privy purses to native princes,
(b) communal representation to Muslims,
(c) reservations to Sikhs in elections,
(d) separate electorates for depressed classes
6. Which one among the following prompted Rabindranath Tagore to surrender his title of ‘Sir’?
(a) The passing of the Rowlatt Act,
(b) The passing of the Act of 1919,
(c) To support Mahatma Gandhi’s satyagraha Movement,
(d) To protest against the massacre at Jallianwalabagh and the imposition of martial law in Punjab
7. During the Indian Freedom Struggle, an unarmed large crowd gathered in the Jallianwalla Bagh at Amritsar on April 13, 1919 to protest against the arrest of :
(a) Dr Saifuddin Kitchlu and Dr Satypal
(b) Swami Shraddhanand and Mazhar-ul-Haq
(c) Madan Mohan Malaviya and Mohammed Ali Jinnah
(d) Mahatma Gandhi and Abul Kalam Azad
8. What is the correct sequence of the following events?
(a) Bardholi Satyagraha,
(b) Rajkot Satyagraha,
(c) Champaran Satyagrah,
(d) Nagpur Satyagrah
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) 1, 2, 4, 3
(b) 4, 3, 1, 2
(c) 3, 1, 4, 2
(d) 3, 4, 1, 2
9. Consider the following statements:
(a) The first session of the Indian National Congress was held in Calcutta,
(b) The second session of the Indian National Congress was held under the Presidentship of Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Both Indian Naitonal Congress and Muslim League held their sessions at Lucknow in 1916.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) a and b
(b) b and c
(c) a and c
(d) all of these
10. At which one of the following places did mahatma Gandhi start his Satyagraha in India?