1. Which of the following statements about President’s ordinance-making power is not correct?
(a) It is co-extensive with legislative power of Parliament.
(b) Laid down in Article 123.
(c) Shall cease to operate on expiry of six weeks from the reassembly of the Parliament.
(d) Cannot be withdrawn at any time by the President.
2. The Indian federation is based on the pattern of:
3. Who said the “Indian Constitution established a unitary state with subsidiary federal features rather than federal state with subsidiary unitary features?”
(a) Granville Austin
(b) Ivor Jennings
(c) B.R. Ambedker
(d) K.C. Wheare
4. The President of India is elected by an electoral college consisting of:
(a) Members of Parliament and state legislatures
(b) Elected members of Parliament and state legislatures
(c) Elected members of Parliament and state legislative assemblies
(d) Elected members of Lok Sabha and members of Rajya Sabha and state Legislative Assemblies
5. List-I List-II
A. Withholding of assent 1. Qualified veto
B. Overriden by an ordinary majority 2. Pocket veto
C. Taking no action on the bill 3. Absolute veto
D. Overriden by a higher majority 4. Suspensive veto
5. Majority veto
Codes: A B C D
(a) 3 5 2 1
(b) 4 3 2 5
(c) 5 3 1 2
(d) 3 4 2 1
6. Who is regarded as the “Father of All-India Services?”
(a) Lord Macaulay
(b) Lord Cornwallis
(c) B.R. Ambedker
(d) Sardar Patel
7. A Joint Public Service Commission can be created by:
(a) An order of the President
(b) A resolution of the Rajya Sabha
(c) An act of Parliament
(d) A resolution of the concerned state legislatures
8. Which of the following statements are true about the Governor of a state?
1. The executive power of the state is vested in him.
2. He must have attained 35 years of age.
3. He holds office during the pleasure of the President.
4. The grounds for his removal are laid down in the Constitution.
(a) 1, 2, and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
9. District Judges are appointed by:
(a) The Chief Justice of High Court
(b) The State Public Service Commission
(c) The Chief Minister of state
(d) The Governor of state
10. Money bill can be introduced in the state legislature only on the recommendation of:
(b) Finance Minister
(c) Chief Minister
Ans . d