1. By which Amendment Act of the Constitution of India were the Directive Principles of the State Policy given precedence over the Fundamental Rights wherever they come into conflict?
2. The 42nd Amendment Act (1976) has incorporated into the Constitution of India a new chapter on:
(a) Administration of Union Territories
(b) Formation of Inter-State Council
(c) Fundamental Duties
(d) None of these
3. Which one of the following Constitutional Amendments introduced the anti-defection provision in the Constitution for the first time?
(a) 51st Amendment
(b) 52nd Amendment
(c) 53rd Amendment
(d) 54th Amendment
4.Which Amendment to the Constitution inserted a new Article 21A providing Right to Education in the Constitution?
(a) 86th Amendment
(b) 87th Amendment
(c) 88th Amendment
(d) 89th Amendment
5. By which one of the following Constitutional Amendments Delhi has become ‘National Capital Region’ (NCR)?
(a) 61st Amendment
(b) 69th Amendment
(c) 71st Amendment
(d) 79th Amendment
6. The 79th Amendment of the Indian Constitution is related to:
(a) Centre –State relations
(b) Establishment of two political parties
(c) Fundamental Rights
(d) Reservation of SCs and STs in the Lok Sabha and State Assemblies
7. The Ninth Schedule to the Indian Constitution was added by:
(a) First Amendment
(b) Eighth Amendment
(c) Ninth Amendment
(d) Forty Second Amendment
8. Which one of the following Bills must be passed by each House of the Indian Parliament separately by special majority?
(a) Ordinary Bill
(b) Money Bill
(c) Finance Bill
(d) Constitution Amendment Bill
9. Which of the following Constitutional Amendments are related to raising the number of Members of Lok Sabha to be elected from the States?
(a) 6th and 22nd
(b) 13th and 38th
(c) 7th and 31st
(d) 11th and 42nd
10. The Constitution (98th Amendment) Act is related to:
(a) empowering the Centre to levy and appropriate service tax
(b) the constitution of the National Judicial Commission
(c) readjustment of electoral constituencies on the basis of population
(d) the demarcation of new boundaries between the States