BIS Scientist B Recruitment 2020: Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has released the notification for 150 vacancies to recruit Scientist B as per their GATE score. Candidates having valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score can go through the notification and apply online as per their discipline. The gross emoluments for Scientist B at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 87,000/- at present. Check out the vacancy, eligibility criteria, qualifications, selection process, and steps to apply online for BIS Scientist B Recruitment 2020. The link to apply online is available on the official BIS website at bis.gov.in.
BIS Scientist B Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
- Start Date to Apply On-Line – 02.03.2020
- End Date to Apply Online- 31.03.2020
BIS Scientist B Vacancy 2020
A total of 150 vacancies for Scientist B have been notified. Check out the discipline wise distribution of vacancy:
- Mechanical Engineering-> 48
- Metallurgical Engineering-> 25
- Civil Engineering-> 07
- Electrical Engineering-> 19
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- Engineering-> 05
- Computer Engineering-> 11
- Food Technology-> 14
- Chemical Engineering-> 16
- Bio-Technology-> 01
- Petro-Chemical Engineering-> 01
- Bio-medical Engineering-> 03
BIS Scientist B Educational Qualifications 2020
1) Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with not less than 60% marks in aggregate and 50% for SC/ST candidates. The discipline-related guidelines regarding the educational qualifications have been mentioned in the notification.
2) Must have a valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score of 2018/2019/2020. The GATE score must be valid as on 31st March 2020 (closing date of application).
BIS Scientist B Age Limit 2020
The maximum age limit of candidates eligible for the recruitment is 30 years of age as on 31st March 2020.
BIS Scientist B Selection Process 2020
- Short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of GATE 2018, GATE 2019, GATE 2020 Score.
- The shortlisting of candidates for Personal Interview will be based on the order of merit of the valid score of GATE 2018, GATE 2019 or GATE 2020, as may be applicable.
- The shortlisted candidates not more than 4 times the number of vacancies in each category will be called for Personal Interview at New Delhi.
- Candidates will be selected discipline wise on the basis of merit as determined by the aggregate marks obtained by giving 85% weightage to GATE Score and 15% weightage to the marks obtained in the interview.
BIS Scientist B Application Fee
- The Application Fee ( to be paid only through Online payment mode) is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/ Women Candidates/ExServiceman/ Person with benchmark disability.
How to apply for BIS Scientist B Recruitment?
Candidates are required to apply On-Line from 02.03.2020 to 31.03.2020 through the official website of BIS at www.bis.gov.in. No other means of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is a statutory body under the control of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India. The BIS is responsible for various activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Laboratory Testing, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, etc., in the country. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level.