The Staff Selection Commission has released the most awaited notification of the year i.e. SSC CHSL 2022. The Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination is a national level exam which is conducted by SSC to fill the post of Data Entry Operator, Lower Division Clerk and Junior Secretariat Assistant. This year SSC has announced a total number of 4500 tentative vacancies under SSC CHSL Recruitment 2022. All those candidates who are preparing for SSC CHSL 2022 exam must pay attention to a fact that SSC has done massive changes in the SSC CHSL 2022 exam pattern therefore it is necessary to be aware of all the changes to prepare as per the requirement of the exam.
Biggest Change In SSC CHSL 2022- Exam Pattern Changed
SSC has introduced many changes in the structure of the SSC CHSL 2022 examination but the biggest change which is brought by the Staff Selection Commission in the history of SSC CHSL is the selection process and Tier 2 Exam Pattern. The candidates who were preparing for this exam beforehand must read this article very carefully to check all the changes made by SSC in the SSC CHSL 2022 selection process. Now let’s check out “What is the Biggest Change In SSC CHSL 2022”.
Biggest Change In SSC CHSL 2022 In Hindi
- Earlier SSC conducts the SSC CHSL exam in three tiers i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 but from now onwards there will be only Two Tiers in the SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022.
- Tier 3 which was Skill Test/Typing Test is merged with Tier 2 in SSC CHSL 2022 which means there will be no Tier 3 exam.
- The Final Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks obtained in SSC CHSL Tier 2 only
- The Tier 2 exam is changed from descriptive type to objective type except for Skill Test/Typing Test
SSC CHSL 2022 Selection Process
All the changes done by SSC in the SSC CHSL 2022 selection process is provided in the table given below
|SSC CHSL 2022 Selection Process|
|Tier 1: Objective Type||Tier 1: Objective Type|
|Tier 2: Descriptive Type||Tier 2: Objective Type+ Typing/Skill Test|
|Tier 3: Skill Test/Typing Test|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam pattern is the same as before. In the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2022, there will be a total number of 4 sections i.e. General Intelligence & Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. There will be a total number of 100 questions in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam having an overall weightage of 200 marks. Each question will be of 2 marks and 25 questions will be asked from each section. The marks scored in the SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 will not be considered for the final selection but still, the candidates must score the minimum qualifying marks in order to appear in the next stage of the recruitment process.
|Sections||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- The computer Knowledge section is only qualifying in nature
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer marked in Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III.
- The Skill Test/Typing Test is also qualifying in nature
- Based on the aggregate performance in Section-I and Section II of the Tier-II Examination, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation in Section-III of the Tier-II Examination. The candidates who are not qualified in Section-I + Section-II will not be eligible for evaluation of Section-III and they will not be considered for the further selection process
|Session||Subjects||Number of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||Section-I:
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180||1 hour (for each
section) (1 hour and 20 minutes for the
candidates eligible for
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180|
|15||15*3 =45||15 Minutes
(20 minutes for
scribe as per
Para-8.1 and 8.2)
Module-II: Skill Test/
Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–||15 Minutes
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA||–||10 Minutes (15 minutes for the candidates