APSSB CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus: Arunachal Pradesh Staff Selection Board (APSSB) has released an official notification for the recruitment of the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam 2021. The recruitment process is going to be conducted for 179 vacancies. Arunachal Pradesh Staff Selection Board (APSSB) has revised the exam date of the recruitment exam to be held for various vacancies for Grade C in different departments. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written tests and skill tests. The exam was to be held on 1 August 2021 which is now tentatively changed to 29 August 2021. Before applying for an exam the candidates must go through the detailed exam pattern and syallbus. Here we are discussing the detailed exam pattern and syllabus.
APSSB CHSL Exam Pattern
The exam conducted in 2 stages i.e. Computer Based Test and Skill Test.
Stage 1- Computer Based Test
|Subject Name||Questions Count||Marks|
|General English Language||50||100|
Stage 2 – Skill Test
- A typing speed test of 35 words per minute(WPM) in English on a manual typewriter or 35 WPM on a computer corresponds to 10500 Key Depression Per Hour (KDPH) on an average of 5 key depression for each word.
Basic computer application (50 Marks)
- Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
- Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
- Slides (Microsoft Powerpoint)
Arunachal Pradesh SSB CHSL Subject-Wise Syllabus 2021
- General Intelligence/Reasoning
- Elementary Mathematics
- English Language
- General Awareness
General English Language
- Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Improvement of Sentences,
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone. Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots. Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions. Relationship between numbers.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram, Pie-chart.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2O + Cos20 =1
- It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
APSSB CHSL 2021:FAQ
Q.How many questions asked in the APSSB CHSL exam?
Ans. A total of 150 questions will be given in APSSB CHSL Exam.