APSC Exams: Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has released the notification regarding the screening of the candidates to the services/posts. Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the Indian government agency and functions through its own secretariat. On the results of the written part of the Main Examination, the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about thrice the number of vacancies advertised. All the interested and eligible candidates can start applying for the recruitment from 10th September and the last date to apply for the recruitment is 10th October.
Important Dates For APSC Exam
- Starting Date of the Application Process: 10th September
- Last Date To Apply: 10th October
Vacancy For APSC Exam
APSC will be conducting the recruitment for a total of 33 vacancies. check out the postwise breakdown of vacancy.
- Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade): 53 Vacancies
- Assam Police Service (Jr.Grade): 30 Vacancies
- Superintendent of Taxes: 5 Vacancies
- Superintendent of Taxes: 1 Vacancy
- Labour Inspector: 4 Vacancies
- Inspector of Taxes: 9 Vacancies
- Inspector of Excise: 2 Vacancies
- Block Development Officer: 6 Vacancies
- Asstt. Employment Officer: –
- Sub Registrar: 10 Vacancies
- Assistant Manager of Industries: 1 Vacancy
Candidates can check out the official notification for a more detailed category wise break down of the vacancy.
Educational Qualification Required For APSC Exam
The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
Age Limit For APSC Exam
The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age on 01.01.2020.
Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable
- By 5 years for SC/STP/STH candidates i.e. upto 43 years.
- By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April, 2018.
- For persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
Selection Process For APSC Exam
The APSC selection process includes the following rounds
- The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
Exam Pattern For APSC Exam
- Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper-I||General Studies||Marks=200||Time = 2 Hrs||multiple choice
|Paper-II||One subject to be selected from the list of
|Marks=200||Time = 2 hrs||multiple choice
- Main Examination: The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
Written Examination: The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each. The questions of the Examination will be of conventional essay type:
|General English||Marks-300||Duration-3 hours|
|General Studies||Marks=300||Duration-3 hours|
|Any two optional subjects to be
selected from the list of optional
subjects (two papers each)
|Total (Written)||1400 marks|
|Viva Voce||200 marks|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
Any two subjects are to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers of 200 marks each as aforesaid.
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary
|Botany||Modern languages and literature (any one only) (i)
Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English literature, (iv) Hindi (v)
Classical languages (vi) Arabic, (vii) Persian, (viii) Sanskrit
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Philosophy|
Syllabus For APSC Exam
General Studies Syllabus:
- Indian Polity
- Political system in India
- Current events of National & International Importance
- Indian Economy
- Planning Process in India
- Geography of India, Assam & World
- Role of science & Technology in India
- Culture & Literature of India, Assam & World
- History of India & Assam
- Indian National Movement with special reference to Assam
- General Mental Ability
Syllabus for Optional Subjects
- Agriculture: Agriculture, its importance in national economy, important crops of India, Soil as a medium of plant growth and its composition, Principles of economics as applied to agriculture, Philosophy, objectives and principles of extension.
- Anthropology: Physical Anthropology, Prehistory, Social and Cultural Anthropology.
- Animal Husbandry & Vety Science: Dairy and Poultry Science, Animal Genetics, Animal Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Poultry Diseases, Definition Infertile and Sterile, etc.
- Botany: Botany, Economic Botany, etc.
- Chemical Engineering: Fundamentals & Stoichiometry, Material Science and Corrosion, Energy Resources and Utilization, Fluid Flow Operations, Chemical Technology (Inorganic).
- Civil Engineering: Statics, Dynamics, Kinematics, Kinetics, Strength of Materials, Soil Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying.
- Chemistry: Atomic structure, Precocity of Properties, Valency, Coordination compounds, Classification of organic compounds, Kinetic theory of gases and gas lows, Thermodynamics, Dilute Solutions, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Electro Chemistry
- Commerce: Accounting, Business Organisation and Secretarial Practice, Etc.
- Computer Science: Data Structures, Formal Languages and Automata theory, Computer Organisation, Principle of Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Database Management
- Economics: Economics Problem, National Income, Nature of public finance, Poverty eradication measures adopted under five year plans, nationalisation of commercial banks – lead bank scheme, etc.
- Education: Meaning, definition and scope of education, Psychology – meaning and definition, importance of educational psychology, scope and methods of educational psychology, History of Education, etc.
- Electrical Engineering: Primary and Secondary cells, Mathematical modelling of dynamic linear systems, Basis methods of measurements, Generation of e.m.f. and torque in rotatiion machine, Conversion of a.c. to d.c. and d.c. to a.c, etc.
- Electronics: Basic Circuit Theory, Electronic devices, Electronic Circuits, Digital Electronic Circuits, Communication, Microprocessor, etc.
- Fisheries: Basic principles of aquaculture, Soil and water quality for fish culture, Inland water bodies, pond for fish culture, Fish feed, Economics of fish production system.
- Geography: Physical, economical and human geography, geography of the world, geography of India and north-east India.
- Geology: General and Structural Geology, Paleontology, Crystallography and mineralogy, petrology, Economic Geology, Stratigraphy.
- Indian History: Ancient India, The period of the Delhi Sultanate, Mughal Empire in India, Modern India, etc.
- Law: Constitution Of India, Indian Administrative Law, Law Of Torts,
- Mathematics: Algebra, Calculus, Vetor’s, Trigonometry, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering: Statics, Dynamics, Theory of Machines, Mechanics of Solids, Manufacturing Science, Production Management, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, etc.
- Medical Science: Human Anatomy, Human physiology and biochemistry, reproduction, cardiovascular system, respiration, nucleic acids, pathology and microbiology, etc.
- Philosophy: General philosophy (Western and Indian), Logic, Psychology, Ethics and Social Phiolosophy, etc.
- Physics: Newton’s Law of Motin, Combination of two lenses, Measurement of temparature, Calorimetry, Ohm’s law, Alternating current, Cathode rays, etc.
- Political Science: Nature and scope of political science, Basic features of the Indian Constitution, Indian Parliament, Constitutions of UK and USA, The organs of the UN.
- Sociology: Nature, Scope and Methods of Sociology, Basic Concepts, Social Groups, Religion, Social Processes, Social Strartification, Social Control, Special Change.
- Statistics: Probability, Statistical Methods, Statistical Inference, Sampling theory and design of experiments, the series and quantitative economics, demography and educational statistics, etc.
- Zoology: General characters and classification of non-chordates and chordates, Structure of an animal cell, biotic and abiotic factors, nucleic acid and biosynthesis of protein, fossil and fossil dating.
- General/EWS: Rs. 250
- SC/ST/OBC/MOBC: Rs. 150
- BPL: Nil
- PWBD: Nil
- Women Candidate: Nil
How To Apply
- Go to the official website of APSC, @apsc.gov.in.
- Once on the home page, click on the link ‘forms and downloads’.
- All the application forms are present on the page. Candidates can download the relevant application forms.
- Now completely fill up the APSC Application Form and deposit the specified fee
- Ensure that all details are entered including the upload of photo and signature and finally submit the APSC Application Form
Click Here To Apply Online (Inactive)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the educational qualification required to be eligible for the APSC recruitment?
To be eligible for the APSC exams, The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational institutions
Q. What is the minimum and maximum age limit for APSC recruitment?
To be eligible for the recruitment exams, the candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years.
Q. When will the admit card be released for the Assam PSC exams?
The Admit Card is generally released 8-10 days before the exam date for the Assam PSC exams.