Dear Readers ,We are providing you a Quiz on Economies for SSC CGL 2016, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL and Railways.
1. One of the reasons for India’s occupational structure remaining more or less the same over the years has been that
A. Productivity in agriculture has been high enough to induce people to stay with agriculture
B. People are largely unaware of the significance of transition from agriculture to industry for economic development.
C. Investment pattern has been directed towards capital intensive industries.
D. Ceilings-on land holdings have enabled more people to own land and hence their preference to stay with agriculture
2. Which of the following is correct regarding the Gross Domestic Savings in India?
A. Contribution of Household sector is the largest
B. Contribution of Government sector is the largest
C. Contribution of Corporate sector is the largest
D. None of these.
3. Which of the following governmental steps has proved relatively effective in controlling the double digit rate of inflation in the Indian economy during recent years?
A. Containing budgetary deficits and unproductive expenditure
B. Streamlined public distribution system
C. Enhanced rate of production of all consumer goods
D. Pursuing an export -oriented strategy
4. The modern economy is not characterised by?
A. capital intensive mode of production
B. development of money economy
C. production for market
D. self-sufficient village system
5. One of the problems in calculating the national income in India correctly is?
A. under – employment
C. non -monetised consumption
D. low savings
6. The main source of India’s national income is?
D. None of these
7. Which of the following are the main causes of slow rate of growth of per capita income in India?
I. High capital – output ratio
2. High rate of growth of population
3. High rate of capital formation
4. High level of fiscal deficits
D. All of the Above
8. Among Indian Economists who had done pioneering work on National Income?
A. P. N. Dhar
B. Jagdish Bhagwati
C. V. K. R. V. Rao
D. Prof. Shenoi
9. Which of the following is not a method of estimating national income?
A. Income method
B. Value – added method
C. Expenditure method
D. Export – import method
10. In our country, which of the following affects poverty line the most?
A. Level of prices
B. Production quantum
C. Per capita income
D. Quantum of gold reserve