Dear Readers,We are providing you a History Quiz for SSC CGL 2016 and Railways, SSC CPO ,SSC CHSL (Indus Valley and Harappa Civilisation).
1. In the Bronze Age Civilizations, which of the civilization covered the largest area?
(a) Indus Valley
2. In most of the Indus seals, there is representation of:
(c) Humped bull
(d) Humpless bull or unicorn bull
3. No trace of ___________ has been found in the Indus Valley Civilisation.
4. Which of the following was the most important industry of the Harappans at Lothal and Chanhudaro?
(a) Ship building
(b) Bead making
5. The Indus Valley people used lime and expensive burnt bricks instead of sun dried bricks, because of
(a) Advanced technology
(b) Better planning
(c) A moist climate on account of the close proximity of the civilisation to the river valleys.
(d) Their knowledge of the manufacture of lime.
6. The Indus Valley Civilisation specialized in
(a) Town Planning
(d) All of these
7. The Indus religion did not include the worship of
(a) Forces of Nature
(b) Mother Goddess.
(c) Certain animal chimeras and their anthropic figures.
(d) Trees and their spirits.
8. Which of the following does not relate to Carnelian beads?
(a) According to available information they were not made anywhere in the contemporary world.
(b) Lothal and Chanhudaro were the main production centes.
(c) It helps to chronologically point out the middle Bronze Age.
(d) It was found in Mesopotamia and Susa.
9. On what basis has the time span of the Harappan Civilization now been fixed between 2300 B.C. and 1750 B.C. ?
(a) Radio-carbon dating (C–14)
(b) Details of links between the Harappan Civilization and the ancient civilizations of West Asia and Harappan Civilization.
(c) Latest findings in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Chandigarh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh etc.
(d) Common pottery designs and other antiques.
10. What is the distinguishing feature of the Harappan Civilization from other contemporary civilizations of the World?
(a) Development of science and technology.
(b) Uniform weights and measures and commercial contacts.
(c) Religious beliefs and social life.
(d) Town planning, drainage and sanitation.