Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted by the Indian Air Force to recruit officers into Flying (Short Service Commission only), Ground Duty (Permanent and Short Service Commission), and Technical (Permanent and Short Service Commission) branches. The AFCAT exam is conducted twice every year to access the intelligence of candidates applying for the Indian Air Force. We are providing you with the detailed AFCAT Syllabus 2021 covering all the subject-wise topics to be asked in the AFCAT examination. Check out the exam pattern and complete the syllabus of AFCAT 2021.
AFCAT Syllabus 2021: Overview
Indian Air Force (IAF) recruits graduates to various posts by conducting the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). It is usually conducted in February and August every year.
|Name of the Exam||Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Language of the Exam||English|
|Exam Date||28th, 29th, 30th August 2021|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
AFCAT Selection Process
The selection process via AFCAT into the Indian Air Force consists of a written exam followed by the interview and medical test as given below.
- AFCAT Written Exam only for the Non-Technical candidates.
- AFCAT+ EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) for the Technical candidates.
- Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) Interview
- Medical Test
AFCAT & EKT Exam Pattern 2021
- For AFCAT, it is mandatory for candidates to appear in the written test.
- Candidates appearing for non-technical posts shall appear only for the AFCAT written exam whereas candidates appearing for technical posts will also have to appear for the Engineering Knowledge Test.
- The Questions will be asked in English Language only. These are the for sections in the exam i.e. Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability and Military Aptitude Test.
- The duration of the AFCAT test is two hours. A total of 100 questions will be asked in the question paper carrying a weightage of 300 marks.
- The EKT exam is the Engineer knowledge test. This test is only for candidates who opt for the Ground duty technical branch.
- Negative Marking: -1 for each wrong answer
- Number of Questions: 100
- Marking Criteria: +3 for each correct answer
- No marks for unattended questions.
Check out the detailed AFCAT exam pattern given below:
|Sr. No.||Name Of Exam||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Subjects|
|1||AFCAT 1 2020||2 Hours||100||300||Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and Military Aptitude|
|2||EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test)||45 Minutes`||50||150||Technical|
The AFCAT written exam consists of General Aptitude, General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Reasoning, and Military Aptitude. The question and marks distribution of each section is described in the given table.
|General Awareness||30||90||2 hours
|Verbal Ability (English language)||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||25||75|
AFCAT General Awareness Syllabus
AFCAT syllabus for general awareness comprises major current affairs and topics of national importance. The major topics covered in General awareness are given below:
AFCAT English Syllabus
English questions asked in AFCAT are based on the basic grammar rules and basic vocabulary of 10+2 syllabus. The important topics for the English section are given below:
AFCAT Numerical Ability Syllabus
The Numerical Ability section comprises 10+2 level maths questions accessing the problem-solving ability of a candidate. The topics in AFCAT Syllabus asked in Numerical ability include the following:
AFCAT Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test Syllabus
The reasoning section in AFCAT tests the aptitude of the candidates and analytical skills. The topics asked from Reasoning and Military aptitude include the following:
AFCAT EKT Syllabus
AFCAT EKT, also known as the Engineering knowledge test for technical posts. It is a 45-minute exam comprising of General Engineering questions to test the knowledge of engineering candidates. The AFCAT EKT Exam Syllabus is based on the common topics of multiple branches of engineering based on the degree of the candidate. Check out the AFCAT syllabus for the EKT category.
AFCAT EKT Syllabus Topics
|AFCAT EKT Fundamental
|AFCAT EKT Allied Engineering
|AFCAT EKT Computer Science
|AFCAT EKT Mechanical Engineering
|AFCAT EKT Electrical &
Electronics Engineering Syllabus
AFCAT Syllabus FAQs
Q. What is AFCAT?
AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.
Q. What is the time duration for AFCAT written examination?
The time duration given to attempt the AFCAT written examination is 2 hours.
Q. How many questions are asked in the AFCAT exam?
A total of 100 questions are asked in AFCAT.
Q. What are the subjects asked in AFCAT?
The questions are asked from the subjects namely Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and Military Aptitude.
Q. How many questions are asked in the Engineering Knowledge Test for technical posts?
A total of 50 questions are asked in the Engineering Knowledge Test held for technical posts.