AFCAT 2 2021 Recruitment: Indian Air Force has released a short note for recruiting men and women from Indian Citizens to be part of the Indian Airforce as commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical Branches) registration for online application begins from 1st June 2021. The last date to apply online will be 30th June 2021.AFCAT under advertisement 02/2021 has released NCC Special Entry / Meteorology Entry for the courses commencing in July 2022 has released 334 vacancies. Indian Air Force is also inviting applications for grant of PC/SSC for NCC Special Entry Scheme and For Meteorology Entry. In this notification, the branches-related vacancies and course numbers are given. The interested candidates must go through the detailed post to get updates about the Indian Air Force notification.
Indian Air Force: Important Dates
|Online Application Begins||1st June 2021|
|Last date to apply online||30th June 2021|
|Admit Card||After 09 Aug 2021|
|Exam Date||28 Aug 21, 29 Aug 21 and 30 Aug 21|
|Result||To Be Notified Soon|
|Batch Commencement||July 2022|
Indian Air Force: Branches, Course Number, and Vacancies
|Ground Duty(Technical)||211/22T/PC/101 AEC/M
|AE(L): PC-20,SSC -78
Edn: PC-04, SSC-17
NCC Special Entry
|Flying||212/22F/PC/M and 212/22F/SSC/M &W||10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT is for SSC|
|Met: PC-06, SSC-22|
The vacancies are tentative can change after the official notification released. There are two types of Commission under the vacancy section i.e.
- PC for Men: Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per the branch and rank.
- SSC for men and women:
The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is 14 years from the date of Commissioning.
The tenure for Ground Duty Tech and Non-Tech will be 10 years.
AFCAT 2 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria as set by the authorities must only apply for the examination. The candidate should be a citizen of India
AFCAT 2021 Educational Qualification
The candidate must have done graduation with aggregate 60% in any discipline with physics and maths in 10+2 level or BE / B Tech degree (Four-year course) from a recognized University
Technical branch (ground duty)
The candidate must have done a four-year graduation course in engineering/technology.
Must obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
Non-technical (Ground duty)
The candidate must have done graduation in any discipline with 60% marks and in section A and B examination of aeronautical society India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
AFCAT 2021 Age Limit
|Branch||Age Limit (as on 01 July 2022)|
|Flying Branch||20-24 years (Candidate with a commercial pilate license can apply till the age of 26 years)|
|Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical)||20-26 years|
AFCAT 2021 Physical Requirements
- The candidates are advised to be physically fit when they report for SSB in order to be able to undergo the tests at AFSB.
- The candidate should aim to achieve an ability to run 01 miles (1.6 km) in 10 minutes, do 10 push-ups and 03 chin-ups.
- Prospective candidates are also advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing, and other forms of physical training/ conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
Ground Duty Technical Branch- Minimum height for both gender: 157.5 Cms
Ground duty Non-Technical Branch- Male-157.5 cms and Female-152 cms
The application fee for AFCAT is going to be Rs. 250/- and can be non-refundable.
Candidates can make payment of the application fee online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
AFCAT 2021 Selection Process
- Screening test: For officer intelligence rating test, discussion test and picture perception test.
- Psychological Test: To test the interactive ability and personal conversation with the Interviewing Officer.
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
AFCAT 2 2021: Exam Pattern & Syllabus
|Name Of Exam||Time Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Subjects|
|1. AFCAT 2 2021||2 Hours||100||300||Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and Military Aptitude|
|2.EKT( Engineering Knowledge Test)||45 Minutes`||50||150||Technical|
- All the questions will be in English only for both AFCAT and EKT.
- All the Questions will be objective in nature.
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions
How to Apply Online for AFCAT 2021?
- Visit the Official Website.
- A new page will appear. New Users will have to register first.
- Click on New User Register
- A new page will appear to enter your mobile no. and email to register yourself.
- An OTP will be sent on your mobile no. and email, fill and click on “Submit”.
- A Login Id and Password will be sent to your registered mobile no. and email id.
- Login using the Registration Number and Password. Select the post.
- Fill up other details such as educational qualifications etc. depending upon the educational qualification of the candidate.
- Pay examination fee as applicable, online using Credit/Debit Card or Internet Banking
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned color photograph and Signature (in English or in Hindi) in JPEG format.
- Login with Registration Number and Password in the link for “UPLOAD” and thereafter, upload the file/scanned filled
- Upload all the required certificates and submit the application.
- Take the printout for future purposes.
Training Details :
- Training will begin from the first week of July 2022 for all courses at Air Force Academy Hyderabad.
- The duration of training will be 74 weeks for Flying Branch and Ground Duty Technical. The 52 weeks for Ground Duty Non-Technical.
- PAN Card and account in SBI/ Nationalised Bank is mandatory at the time of joining Air Force Academy.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory for registration.
Indian Air Force will be offering
|Rank||Pay as per Defence Matrix||CPC||Level||MSP|
|Flying Officer||Rs. 56100- 177500`||7th||10||Rs. 15500|
A fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month to the Flight Cadets during one year of training.
In addition, to pay/stipend, various allowances are applicable based on the nature of duty/ place of posting and it includes Flying, Technical, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Special Force, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Area and Remote Locality Allowance.
Indian Air Force: FAQ
Q.What is the total number of vacancies announced by the Indian Air Force?
Ans: The number of vacancies is shown in the above table according to ti the entries. These are tentative may tend to change during the official notification.
Q, When will the online application will begin for Indian Air FOrce?
Ans: The online application begins on 1st June 2021.
Q.What will be the last date to apply online for the Indian Air Force?
Ans: The last date to apply online for AFCAT is 30th June 2021.