30 days Strategy & Tips to Crack SSC CGL Tier 1 exam: SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is scheduled to be held from 2nd to 11th March 2020 where lakhs of aspirants will appear for getting selected in various ministeries. Leaving 10-15 days of practising the mock tests only, candidates have only 1 month to study for the exam. The remaining time must be utilized wisely for effective results.
How to cover this one month in an appropriate way that you can score high marks in this highly competitive examination? Check out the 30 days preparation strategy for SSC CGL following which can boost your preparation and increase your chances of selection:
- The last month should be highly devoted to revision and polishing your skills. Revise all the important chapters and basic concepts.
- Follow a proper study plan with equal time devoted to all subjects. Check out the time allotment of all subjects:
- Quantitative aptitude- 3 hours daily
- Reasoning practice questions- 2 hours daily
- English grammar and comprehension- 2 hours daily
- General awareness- 3 hours daily
SSCADDA is providing the Beginners and advanced level study plan, click on the links below:
- SSC CGL/CHSL Tier 1 Study Plan 2019 For Beginners
- Advanced Level Study Plan For SSC CGL Tier 1 2019-20
3. Focus more on current affairs and revise all the current affairs from the past 6 months. It covers half of the general awareness section and must be covered thoroughly.
4. Solve Previous Years Questions as it gives an idea of the type of questions asked over the years. It will also help you to memorize things in a better way.
5. Take note of your weaker topics and work on them accordingly. Every student has his/her own weak subject that needs improvisation. Practice questions from those topics and excel in that subject.
6. Analyze mock Tests. Only attempting loads of mock tests will not help you in any way. Proper analyzation of results of mock tests with solving unattempted questions and analyzing your performance is a much-needed step that needs to be taken.
7. Maintain quality over Quantity: Don’t focus on attempting questions but maintain accuracy of the questions you attempted. There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks that may lead to creating a blunder in your performance.
8. Revise Vocabulary Daily: Vocabulary is an integral part of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. Read words on a daily basis as it will you help you in memorizing.
9. Focus on Time Management: You will be given 1 hour to attempt 100 questions. Allot more time to quantitative aptitude as it contains calculations. Try to attempt the general awareness section in minimum time. Proper time management will help you to attempt more questions accurately.
10. Remain Calm & work with a positive approach: Do not panic in the last moment. Appear for the exam with a positive mindset and stay confident.
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2019: Check Expected Vacancies for 2019-20
- How to Score 40+ Marks in General Awareness Section of SSC CGL Tier 1
- SSC CGL Cut Off | Comparison with Previous Years
- How to Score 40+ Marks in Quant Section of SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2019