2. Out of the following, which isotope is used to cure cancer?
1.In the absence of ozone layer, which rays will enter into atmosphere?
A. Cobalt 60
B. Bohs 32
C. Isotope cannot be used
D. None of the above
cobalt-60-generated gamma radiation is used to destroy tumors. Cobalt-60 therapy is also known as Gamma Knife therapy.
3. Clouds float in the atmosphere because of their
4. From which of the following does blood absorbs most food nutrients?
A. large intestine
D. small intestine
The inner lining of the small intestine is folded back and forth to increase surface area for better nutrient absorption. These folds create microscopic finger-like projections that are called villi.
5. Which disease can occur if drinking water supply pipeline is damaged and contaminated with domestic sewage?
Typhoid fever is contracted by drinking or eating the bacteria in contaminated food or water.
6. What is the name of the cross breed that yields a high quantity of milk developed in India?
B. Red Sindhi
Red Sindhi is a reputed heat tolerant milch cattle breed originating from Sindh province of Pakistan. The breed is also known as “Malir”, “Red Karachi” and “Sindhi”.
7. Who received Nobel Prize for explaining the helical structure of Protein?
A. Linus Pauling
B. Maurice Wilkins
D. Watson and Crick
8. Which type of mirror is used in the headlights of vehicles?
A. Concave mirror
B. Plain mirror
C. Parabolic mirror
D. Convex mirror
Because when the bulb of headlight is placed at focus of concave mirror it will allow the light to spread out to infinity.
9. Which atmospheric layer helps in radio transmission?
IONOSPHERE -> It allows radio waves to travel across the country to another city.
10. Golden view of sea shell is due to—
Polarization (also polarisation) is a property of waves that can oscillate with more than one orientation.