(a) The National Song ‘Vande Mataram’ was composed by Bankimchandra Chatterji originally in Bengali.
(b) The song ‘Jana-gana-mana’ composed originally in Bengali by Rabindra Nath Tagore was adopted in its Hindi version by the constituent Assembly on 24th Janurary, 1950 as the ‘National Anthem’ of India.
(c) The ‘National Calendar of India based on Saka era has its 1st Chaitra on 22nd March normally and 21st March in a leap year
(d) The design of the National Flag of India was adopted by the constituent Assembly on 22nd July, 1947.
2. Who sang ‘Sare Jehan Se Achchha Hindostan Hamara’ of Iqbal and ‘Jan-gana-mana’ of Rabindra Nath Tagore in the Central Assembly at midnight of 14/15 August, 1947?
(a) Rameshwari Nehru
(b) Meera Ben
(c) Sucheta Kriplani
(d) M. S. Subbalaxmi
3. Consider the following statements:
1. The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 22 July, 1947
2. The wheel in National Flag has 24 spokes
3. The ratio of the width of the National Flag to its length is 2 : 3
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 3
(b) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
4. Consider the following statements about the National Anthem:
1. It was first sung on 27 December, 1911 at the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress.
2. It was adopted by the constituent Assembly on 24 January, 1950.
3. Playing time of the full version of the National Anthem is approximately 52 seconds.
Which of the statement given above is/ are correct?
(a) I only
(b) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
5. When was Jana-Gana-Mana (which later became ‘National Anthem’ of India) first sung and where?
(a) 24th January, 1950 in Allahabad
(b) 24th January, 1950 in Delhi
(c) 26th December, 1942 in Calcutta
(d) 27th December, 1911 in Calcutta
6. What is the scientific name of National Animal –tiger–of India?
(a) Panthera leo
(b) Panthera tigris
(c) Elephas indicus
(d) Bos domesticus
7. How many spokes are there in the Dharma Chakra (Ashok Chakra) depicted on the National Flag of India?
8. In the Government of India Table of Precedence which of the following comes above the Chief Justice of India?
(a) Attorney General of India
(b) Former Presidents
(c) Chief of Staffs
(d) Speaker of Lok Sabha
9. Which one of the following sequence of dignitaries is in correct order as per the protocol in India?
(a) Prime Minister > Former President > Chief Justice of India
(b) Prime Minister > Chief Justice of India > Former President
(c) Chief Justice of India > Prime Minister > Former President
(d) Former President > Prime Minister > Chief Justice of India
10.Consider the following functionaries :
1. Chief Justice of India
2. Union Cabinet Minister
3. Chief Election Commissioner
4. Cabinet Secretary
Their correct sequence in the Order of Precedence is:
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 2, 1, 3, 4
(c) 1, 2, 4, 3
(d) 2, 1, 4, 3
11.What is the scientific name of National Fruit-Mango-of India?
(a) Manigifera Indica
(b) Pyrus Malus
(c) Musa Paradisiaca
(d) Psidium Guajava
12.Economic Survey in India is published officially, every year by the
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Planning Commission of India
(c) Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
(d) Ministry of Industries, Govt. of India
13 The concept of Public Interest Litigation originated in
(a) the United Kingdom
(c) the United States
14. Which of the following appointment is not made by the President of India ?
(a) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(b) Chief Justice of India
(c) Chief of the Air Force
(d) Chief of the Army
15. Which one of the following is a feature common to both the Indian Federation and the American Federation ?
(a) A single citizenship
(b) Three lists in the Constitution
(c) Dual judiciary
(d) A federal supreme court to interpret the Constitution