For the first time SSC 2016 examination will be held in Computer Based pattern and managing time will be one of the important factor while solving the questions. So in order to make students familiar with such a situations we are providing questions in a time based manner , which will help students to manage the time properly.
1. Consider the following statements :
The Supreme Court of India tenders advice to the President of India on matters of law or fact
1.on its own initiative (on any matter or larger public interest)
2.if he seeks an advice
3.only if the matter relates to the Fundamental Rights of the citizens
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1 and 2
2. Which of the following are included in the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court ?
1.A dispute between the Government of India and one or more States.
2.A dispute regarding elections to either House of the Parliament or that of Legislature of a State.
3.A dispute between the Government of India and a Union Territory.
4.A dispute between two or more States
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 3 and 4
3.Indian citizenship is lost when
A.a person acquires a foreign citizenship
B.the person renounces the citizenship
C.the government deprives a person of Citizenship for some cause
D.All of the above
4. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is appointed by :
(a)The President alone
(b)The President on the recommendation of the Prime Minister
(c)The President in consultation with the judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts
(d)The President on the recommendation of Law Commission
5. Which Article of the Constitution of India deals with the appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court in connection with Constitutional cases ?
(a) Article 131
(b) Article 132
(c) Article 132 read with Article 134 A
(d) Article 133 read with Article 134 A
6. Which one of the following is correct about the Supreme Court regarding its judgement ?
(a) It can change the judgement
(b) It can not change the judgement
(c) Only the Chief Justice of India can change the judgement
(d) Only the Ministry of Law can change the judgement
7. Salaries of the Judges of the Supreme Court are determined by:
(a) Pay Commission appointed by the President
(b) Law Commission
(d) Council of Ministers
8. Which of the following courts in India is/are known as the Court(s) of Records ?
(a) The High Courts only
(b) The Supreme Court only
(c) The High Courts and Supreme Court
(d) The District Courts
9. Which one of the following subjects comes under the common jurisdiction of the Supreme Court and the High Court ?
(a)Mutual disputes among States
(b)Dispute between Centre and States
(c)Protection of the Fundamental Rights
(d)Protection from the violation of the Constitution
10. Who holds the power to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court ?
(a) Prime Minister
(d) Ministry of law
11. When there is a vacancy in the office of the President and the vice-President at the same time, the office is held temporarily by—
(a)The Prime Minister
(b)The Chief Justice of India
(c)The Speaker of Lok Sabha
(d)None of these
12. What makes the Judiciary the guardian of the Constitution ?
(b) Service conditions
(d) Judicial Review
13. All the following are Fundamental Rights guaranteed by the Indian Constitution except
A.Right to Equality
B.Right against Exploitation
C.Right to Adequate means of Livelihood
D.Right to Freedom of Religion
14. Who remains in office as long as the President of India wishes ?
(c)Judges of Supreme Court
(d)Speaker of Lok Sabha
15. The executive power of the State are vested in the Governor under Article…………..of the constitution
(a) Article 14
(b) Article 154 (1)
(c) Article 155
(d) Article 356