1. For spherical mirror, all the distances are measured from—
(a) principle focus of the mirror
(b) center of curvature of the mirror
(c) either pole or center of curvature
(d) pole of the mirror
2. A parallel beam of light coming from the distant object incident on a concave mirror parallel to its principal axis. After reflection from the mirror, the beam-
(a) appears to reflect from the point of
(b) appears to pass through its principal focus
(c) passes through its principal focus
(d) appears to pass through its center of incidence curvature
3. A device which converts chemical energy into electrical energy is called __________.
(c) moving-coil meter
4. Which is more effective in cooling?
(a) Water at 100˚
(b) Ice at 0˚
(c) Water at 0˚
(d) Ice at 100˚
5. Which of the following is not matter?
(a) Moon rock
6. The rate of chemical reaction does not depend upon which of the following?
7. Permanent hardness of water can be removed by adding—
(b) Washing soda
(c) Potassium permanganate
(d) Bleaching powder
8. Which of the following is not a neutral oxide?
(a) Carbon Monoxide
(b) Nitric Oxide
(d) Sulphur Dioxide
9. Bleaching powder is made from —
(a) Sulphur dioxide and gypsum
(b) Chlorine and Charcoal
(c) Lime and Chlorine
(d) Soda ash and lime
10. Tetraethyl lead is used as —
(a) Mosquito repellent
(b) Pain Killer
(c) Petrol additive
(d) Fire extinguisher