1. Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
Ans- D ,The metal with the highest conductivity is silver (Ag)
2. Most soluble in water is —
Ans- B , Sugar is more soluble in water than salt. This is because the bonds of the sugar molecules are weaker than the bonds of the salt molecules
3. Bromine is —
A.colourless gas insoluble in water
B.A highly inflammable gas
C.A Black solid.
D.A red liquid.
Ans- D , bromine is a fuming red-brown liquid at room temperature
4. The metal used in storage batteries —
Ans- C , The metal used in storage batteries is Lead
5. Water has maximum density at —
Ans- C Water has maximum density at 4°C
6. The chemical name of Urea is —
D.None of these
Ans- C ,Chemical Names of Urea is Carbamide
7. Permanent hardness of water can be removed by adding —
Ans- D ,Permanent hardness of water can be removed by adding washing soda
8. The formula of Plaster of Paris is —
Ans- D ,The formula of Plaster of Paris is CaSO4.1/2H2O
9. Which of the following substance is a bad conductor of electricity but a good conductor of heat?
Ans- D , Mica
10. Carborandum is —
Ans- B Silicon Carbide