1. When a steady current flows through a conductor, the electrons in it move with certain average speed as—
(a) Accelerated speed
(b) root mean square speed
(c) drift speed
(d) average velocity
2. Which of the following is incorrect about the heat produced in a resistor?
(a) It is directly proportional to the square of the current
(b) directly proportional to resistance for a given current
(c) directly proportional to the time for which the current flows through the resistors
(d) None of these
3. What is the direction of electric current in an electric circuit?
(a) from positive to positive
(b) from negative to positive terminal
(c) from positive to negative
(d) from negative to negative
4. Why is tungsten used exclusively for the filament of an incandescent lamp?
(a) Tungsten can be drawn into thin wires which in turn offer high resistance
(b) Tungsten has a fairly good resistivity
(c) The melting point of tungsten is very high
(d) All of these
5. Which of the following material is used for electric wire heater?
6. Why ammeter is likely to burn out if you connect it in parallel?
(a) It has high voltage
(b) It has high resistance
(c) It has low resistance
(d) It has low voltage
7. Statement A : light from bathroom bulb gets dimmer for a moment, when geyser is switched on ,
Statement B : Insulators conduct charges, they can be charged easily by friction.
(a) Both the statement A and B are true
(b) statement B is true, A is false
(c) Neither statement A nor statement B is true.
(d) statement A is true, B is false
8. What will happen to current passing though a resistor if the potential difference across its ends is doubled and the resistance is halved?
(a) Becomes four times
(b) Becomes halved
(c) Remain unchanged
(d) Becomes one fourth
9. Match the following with correct response.
(1) Electric current
(3) Potential difference
(a) 1-A, 2-C, 3-B, 4-D
(b) 1-B, 2-D, 3-A, 4-C
(c) 1-D, 2-A, 3-C, 4-B
(d) 1-C, 2-B, 3-D, 4-A
10. Ohms law is not obeyed by—
(a) Both electrolytes and semiconductor diodes
(c) semiconductor diodes