1. If P $ Q means P is the brother of Q; P # Q means P is the mother of Q; P * Q means P is the daughter of Q in A # B $ C * D, who is the father?
D. Data is inadequate
A is the mother of B, B is the brother of C and C is the daughter of D. Hence, D is the father.
A (Parents) D
B – is – Brother – of – C
2. A and B are children of D. Who is the father of A? To answer this question which of the statements (1) and (2) is necessary?
(1). C is the brother of A and the son of E.
(2). F is the mother of B.
A. Only (1)
B. Only (2)
C. Either (1) or (2)
D. (1) and (2) both
A and B are children of D.
From (1), C is the brother B and son of E.
Since, the sex of D and E are not known. Hence (1) is not sufficient to answer the question.
From (2), F is the mother of B. Hence, F is also the mother of A. Hence D is the father of A.
Thus, (2) is sufficient to answer the question.
3. Aman said – “This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother”. How is Aman related to the girl?
The girl is the wife of grandson of Aman’s mother i.e., the girl is the wife of son of Aman. Hence, Aman is the father-in-law of the girl.
4. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that doesn’t belong to the group?
Except cat all are aquatic animal.
5. In the series 3, 9, 15, …… what will be the 26th term?
Clearly, 3 + 6 = 9, 9 + 6 = 15,…..
So, the series is an A.P. in which a = 3 and d = 6.
Therefore 26th term = a + (26 – 1) d = a + 25d = 3 + 25 x 6 = 153
6. Select the one which is different from other three responses.
5+3+2=10 ≠ 9
7. From the given alternative select the word which can be formed using the letters given in the word.
8. In a certain code language ‘DOCTOR’ is written as “FSIBYD” then how in ‘STUDENT’ coded in that code language?
In the given question we have added +2 , +4 , +6 and so on
‘DOCTOR’ is written as “FSIBYD”
‘STUDENT’ -> UXALOZH
9. If ‘water’ is called ‘food’, ‘food’ is called ‘tree’, ‘tree’ is called ‘sky’, ‘sky’ is called ‘wall’. On which of the following birds fly?
Birds fly in sky, sky is called wall. So wall is the correct answer.
10. Architect: Building:: Sculptor : ?
As ‘Architect’ makes ‘Building’ similarly ‘Sculptor’ makes ‘Statue’.